• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chad_TJ
    CrawlerStar
    • Apr 2005

Can someone clear up the 4.01 ratios?

I was looking at a new 4 door wrangler, but i decided to keep the TJ and cant afford to run 2 jeeps, however my olds have decidied they are goin to by one, WOOOHHOO for me as i get the best of both worlds now! anyway i was at the dealership today, and the guy new nothing as always, but my question is, is it possible to get a 4.10 or 4.01 which ever it is ratio in the diffs in a sport model not really interested in the rubicon. I have heard about "a tow package" but i asked the dealer and he looked at me like i spoke french. He said it was not at all possible. But id really like to run 33's on it with stock suspension just for beach work basically. Can anyone help me thanks?
    TJ = Tough Jeep
  • resident e
    Full Flexer
    • Aug 2003

I beleave in the new jks the automatic has 4.10s as standed and manuals have something like 3.27s. Only in the U.S market you have the opion of diffs and diff ratios on all modes.
    Yes there is a tow pack avaliable. Maybe try another dealer.
    If guns kill people,then pencils misspellwords,cars make people drivedrunk,and spoons make peoplefat

Comment

• kalani
      CrawlerStar
      • Dec 2006

I believe the rubicon has 4.10's in both the auto and manual, the sport has a 3.21 rear in either man or auto.
      08 JK Rubicon
      OME 619/618, ARB Front Bar, Mopar Rear Bar
      AEV Pintlers, 33x12.5 Mickeys

Comment

• Nigel
        CrawlerStar
        • Aug 2004

The "tow-Pack" is a U.S option, not available in Australia.
        I know I left it here somewhere....

Comment

• millhouse
          AJOR Gold
          • Jun 2003

what about the crd? I'm sure i read somewhere that that has 4.10 in the diffs
          WWW.SUNSHINECOASTJEEPCLUB.COM

Comment

• Bomber
            Jeepin' is incurable....
            • Aug 2004

From the brochure:
            RATIOS
            6-Speed Manual 4-Speed Auto 5-Speed Auto
            Axle (petrol/diesel) 2.21/4.10 4.10/– –/4.10

Transfer case - low range (Sport/Rubicon) 3.73/4.10 3.73/4.10 3.73/–

WK2 2013 Trailhawk
            VJ2 4-63 1948 Jeepster
            MJOC

Comment

• kalani
              CrawlerStar
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Bomber
              From the brochure:
              RATIOS
              6-Speed Manual 4-Speed Auto 5-Speed Auto
              Axle (petrol/diesel) 2.21/4.10 4.10/– –/4.10

Transfer case - low range (Sport/Rubicon) 3.73/4.10 3.73/4.10 3.73/–

Can someone decifer this for me?
              08 JK Rubicon
              OME 619/618, ARB Front Bar, Mopar Rear Bar
              AEV Pintlers, 33x12.5 Mickeys

Comment

• J.B.
                CrawlerStar
                • Mar 2007

Can someone clear up the 4.01 ratios?

Originally posted by Nigel
                The "tow-Pack" is a U.S option, not available in Australia.
                ...This seems to be the 'interpretation'...we're getting and yet Jeep Australia's ..(finally updated) ..website.. gives these fantastic tow figures of 1600kg...for the 2 door...and 2300 kg for the 4 door... with the proviso ' * when properly equipped' ? .....Properly equipped doesn't just mean a tow bar ..so I'm a little curious myself and as yet have had no answer from Chrysler... or a dealer. One dealer has even stated 'they haven't worked out how to put a tow bar on yet..so they aren't pushing the option'. The automatics.. 'apparently'..all have 4.1 final drive/axle ratio... and should therefore be able to tow in petrol or diesel.... The manuals are listed as 3.22.. regardless of petrol or diesel, unless one purchases the Rubicon. By that logic, if one buys a manual two door.....other than a Rubicon... they shouldn't be towing anything over about 750kg. Like some others on this site...I'm pretty keen to go with a diesel two door..and would love the Rubicon... as it covers all the bases.. but no diesel. So...perhaps a 2 dr diesel Sport with tow pack..including Dana 44 rear & 4.1 ratios.. and upgrade to 32" All Terrains on 17" rims. I'm sure I can live without the 4.1 Rock Trac transer case (although it would be nice)... But alas.. while 'they' haven't said this option is not available ....they aren't really saying anything at all.

Comment

Working...
                X