X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmac
    Lowranger Shocker
    • Aug 2008

You picked one up the same day?? No wait???

Welcome to the GC club! Car looks great!!
    Want to buy a 650 HP Shelby Mustang? PM me!

Comment

• DownSouth
      Full Flexer
      • Jul 2007

Pretty lucky,
      Right place right time, something to do with a deal following over, anyways it turned out good for me.
      Was thinking I was going to have to wait a while but we are very excited about the new addition to the fleet.
      I'll still use the JK for fun but this will be our touring car.
      Our Offroad and Outdoor Vids http://www.youtube.com/user/JBBunno

Comment

• AJ
        Jeep Test Driver
        • Jul 2004

nice !!! looks like the dog likes it too
        Find It..........Drive It........... BUILDUP HERE

Comment

• sege
          Established Member
          • May 2006

Just ordered a WKII Diesel Overland. What are people doing about a tow bar. Dealer? $ Price? Or are there already aftermarkets?
          2012 WKII OVERLAND 3.0 CRD

Comment

• ENFORCER
            • May 2011

I am abouts to order a GC Overlander CRD,as I currently have a Territory Turbo Ghia and am sick of the high fuel prices. I was considering the new Tezza, but the tech on the new GC has made up my mind. I was told several things that contradicts what other have been told. The reason there is a delay for Quadr Lift optioned vehicles is because most of the Oz alocation for the limited and laredo were not speced with this option, so they have to be ordered. The CRD will be the same price as the Hemi and will be available on the whole range. They will have them mid June and If I order in mid June, I should have one by early August.
            The USA will not see their until 2013 from what I have read.
            As for CRD over v6 over Hemi, well in the Overlander model, you only have the V8/Hemi choice. I would agree with what has been said about the difference in price of about $5k for the CRD on the other models beign hard to justify, but the resale will be what will make the difference. You can bet petrol will be $2p/l in the next few years, so any v8/turbo will tank in price. This is a major reason I am offloading the Turbo Territory as we always get 19l/100km, which makes ownership costly. It is only used for city driving for short runs.

As for towpacks, I have been told the towbar for the GC is a $1400 option. I can get the same bar and wiring from the USA for about $400 delivered. We have also looked at the rear DVD, but at $3200 I figure I could give each of the kids (3) a ipad 2 and still have change. It seems that the options are very costly.
            Has anyone got a Lockpick for their headunit yet ?
            There are some nice things being released from Mopar and ebay for the GC. I expect we will see tuning kits for the CRD before Chrissy.
            Now I just need to place the order.
            Bright Silver 2011 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Overland

Comment

• Ballypinball
              Senior Newbie
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by ENFORCER View Post
              I am abouts to order a GC Overlander CRD,as I currently have a Territory Turbo Ghia and am sick of the high fuel prices. I was considering the new Tezza, but the tech on the new GC has made up my mind. I was told several things that contradicts what other have been told. The reason there is a delay for Quadr Lift optioned vehicles is because most of the Oz alocation for the limited and laredo were not speced with this option, so they have to be ordered. The CRD will be the same price as the Hemi and will be available on the whole range. They will have them mid June and If I order in mid June, I should have one by early August.
              The USA will not see their until 2013 from what I have read.
              As for CRD over v6 over Hemi, well in the Overlander model, you only have the V8/Hemi choice. I would agree with what has been said about the difference in price of about $5k for the CRD on the other models beign hard to justify, but the resale will be what will make the difference. You can bet petrol will be $2p/l in the next few years, so any v8/turbo will tank in price. This is a major reason I am offloading the Turbo Territory as we always get 19l/100km, which makes ownership costly. It is only used for city driving for short runs.

As for towpacks, I have been told the towbar for the GC is a $1400 option. I can get the same bar and wiring from the USA for about $400 delivered. We have also looked at the rear DVD, but at $3200 I figure I could give each of the kids (3) a ipad 2 and still have change. It seems that the options are very costly.
              Has anyone got a Lockpick for their headunit yet ?
              There are some nice things being released from Mopar and ebay for the GC. I expect we will see tuning kits for the CRD before Chrissy.
              Now I just need to place the order.
              I am ordering all my acc from the us

heaps cheaper, should bring in extras

Comment

• AJ
                Jeep Test Driver
                • Jul 2004

I'm definately going to install the Lockpick once our GC gets here and i'm certain what radio/nav we end up with and if it's compatible,
                Find It..........Drive It........... BUILDUP HERE

Comment

• jzp
                  Full Flexer
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DownSouth View Post
                  Here it is.
                  Tows the boat with no fuss at all.

How heavy is the boat? I'm interested in how much weight the new Grand can 'easily' tow...
                  Last edited by jzp; 08-05-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X