Cant argue with any of that. Dagnabit.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    1985 Toyo BJ73 FRP Top - Yeah Baby!

Comment

• Carlton
      I just registered
      • Jul 2002

AIR LOCKER or WINCH

if you do alot of greasy hilly type stuff go the rear locker.
      if you do alot of climbing over objects and twisty stuff get a front locker.
      get a mate with a japanese fourbie to snatch you through and you won't need a winch

Comment

• Jumbo
        CrawlerStar
        • Jul 2002

AIR LOCKER or WINCH

Hey Doc got a question 4 ya about the hydro winch.( I know SFA about 'em)
        I was out a few weeks ago with a big GU wagon and he had one (don't know the brand) but we were doing some fairly simple recovery work and he had to turn the front wheels while winching and then the winch stopped..

Is this the norm for all hydro winches??

I can tell you apart from the speed factor which is extremely slow,this turned a simple recovery into a full on road building session.He also had to use a line that we all rather he didn't..

BTW leccy all the way here..my 8274 reels in at a slightly quicker speed than 1st low is at idle..makes driving and winching easy..

Oh and in answer to the origional question go the winch first..

[ 17 July 2002, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Jumbo ]
        It wasn't me...
        adrenalinoffroadcentre.com.au

Comment

• TheDoc
          Established Member
          • Jul 2002

AIR LOCKER or WINCH

Theorectically there is ment to be a valve that gives priority to the steering rather than the winch. Think this is more of an issue on full lock.

Having said that I've never had a problem with doing both at the same time. Certainly doesnt seem to make any difference where my tyres are pointing. I tried this out recently to specifically see what would happen and took the line I wanted.

My only suggestion is maybe the crusier has a bigger powersteering pump as the valve would be pressure related. I'm also using synthetic oil which helps to ensure nothing overheats.

Back to the question again.....

There's no situation that a power winch will get ya out of that a hand one wont! Go the lockers! They're cool baby!

Comment

• Jumbo
            CrawlerStar
            • Jul 2002

AIR LOCKER or WINCH

Sounds feasabile to me Doc..It was his first time using it as well. maybe that was a factor..
            It wasn't me...
            adrenalinoffroadcentre.com.au

Comment

• TheDoc
              Established Member
              • Jul 2002

AIR LOCKER or WINCH

Ok, ok, I know I've been raving in this thread [img]smile.gif[/img] , but have a look at JBs video in the 4x4vid section (maybe he can put the link here for us). Turn up the volume.

Is the rear locker going to help?

Comment

• Jimmyb
                Head Honcho
                • Jul 2002

AIR LOCKER or WINCH

just got this hill climb sitting on my personal server. i go up, i go down, jeep CHEROKEE action

its quicktime.

Help support the forum

Comment

Working...
                X