• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SharpWraX
    Full Flexer
    • Dec 2007

Tj sharpwrax tough summer testing

Spent two weeks hip hopping beaches, cliffs and numerous tight lumpy tracks and beach camped out as often as weather allowed. Came home for a few days in the middle to resupply and swap racks. These are very very tough TJ racks. 100% performance. As designed and previously tested no sway or movement. Zero. Awesome. Check the web site for details. Going away again to really load up the Super Spoiler and explore the Pallinup Estuary and coastline east of Albany.

It's hard to see with black on black but full TrailSkinz armour was again invaluable. I would never tackle serious tight tracks with my Skinz. Both on my JK and TJ they're are my best mod. They actually reduces stress!

TJ with SHARPWRAX SUPER SPOILER at Mutton Bird Beach, west of Albany WA. Note the Step-up bar on drivers side. Very handy for getting up top. No Skinz for this quick trip. Daughter in the seat.

TJ SHARPWRAX SUPERMAX on Bremer Bar dunes south coast of WA

TJ SHARPWRAX SUPERMAX on cliffs at Quarrums Beach east of Peaceful Bay. Well over 100kg loaded on the rack. Fuel, full kit of recovery gear, water, two awnings, Fire wood, chairs, swags etc. Zero sway or load issues.

TJ SHARPWRAX SUPERMAX near Boat Harbour close to Walpole WA.

TJ SHARPWRAX SUPERMAX over looking Triggello Beach, east of Bremer Bay

Camp at Foster Beach west of Bremer Bay.

TJ SHARPWRAX SUPER MAX Looking over Blossums Beach near Bremer Bay

TJ SHARPWRAX SUPER MAX Looking over Dillon Bay west of Bremer Bay

Loaded and heading home. Quick stop at Boxwood Hill inland from Bremer Bay
    Last edited by SharpWraX; 14-01-2015, 02:26 AM.
    We design it, build it, and back it up
    sigpic

Comment

• SeaComms
      MonsterMoose
      • Jun 2010

Man that product testing sure looks like a tough job

Do you find much of a difference in vehicle handling with the weight up top? Mine (JK) is noticeably different in handling just changing soft top over to the hard top.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
      Cheers, Dave :)

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Comment

• SharpWraX
        Full Flexer
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by SeaComms View Post
        Man that product testing sure looks like a tough job

Do you find much of a difference in vehicle handling with the weight up top? Mine (JK) is noticeably different in handling just changing soft top over to the hard top.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
        LoL! Hadn't thought of that angle but you're right. There has to be an upside of R&D.

I switch tops on my JK often. Didn't notice anything but my JK had a pretty serious suspension setup so maybe that's a factor.

Good question on TJ load. Initially I noticed it on the highway but not as a point of concern just that something was different. Literally forgot about it after that. I drive at 100km per hour.

This initial awareness would I'm sure be the same no matter what 4x4 you load a roof rack and gear on - Nissan, Toy, JK etc.

The rack doesn't sway so there is no momentum build up. It's rock solid. The load is also well inward from the outer edge line of the soft/hard top outer line. This also helps. Most if not all other TJ racks have load area that goes right to the outer edge. Have a look around. You will see what I mean.

Last edited by SharpWraX; 14-01-2015, 10:54 AM.
        We design it, build it, and back it up
        sigpic

Comment

• valpacer
          RubiconSlammer
          • Mar 2006

Had a quick photo shoot with the Jeeps on Wednesday, Teej's exterior mods pretty much complete, now just waiting on the rest of the Suspension mods to come. We werent going to be changing much till later int he year but luckily Stu found some more gear sorting the shelves out and we are ready to go!
          AAW 4x4 Inc - All American Wheeling -
          JKU Dragon

Comment

• Elio_S
            Established Member
            • Feb 2013

Just bought it so the only action shot I have is this at the local park lol

Comment

• OZZMAN
              Established Member
              • Jun 2008

Did some wheeling up at Eungella over the week-end.

Comment

• valpacer
                RubiconSlammer
                • Mar 2006

Tammy flexing the Teej up on the Ramp At Coffs
                AAW 4x4 Inc - All American Wheeling -
                JKU Dragon

Comment

• resident e
                  Full Flexer
                  • Aug 2003

Hay. Vintage mtr's
                  Last edited by resident e; 10-04-2015, 03:25 PM.
                  If guns kill people,then pencils misspellwords,cars make people drivedrunk,and spoons make peoplefat

Comment

Working...
                  X