• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowwee
    Established Member
    • Nov 2007

Alarm System???

Hiya,

Can anyone suggest a good alarm system for a 4-door JK???

I would like one with motion sensors, engine disable, maybe remote start, etc.

Cheers

Karl
    2011 JK 2door - Petrol
  • JasperJ
    RubiconSlammer
    • Aug 2007

Alarm

Hey Karl,
    Not sure what the features are exactly but there is an original one from MOPAR P/N 05026290AC taken from the parts listing. I have seen on a couple of sites as well retailing for about US$160, have a look on. http://www.justforjeeps.com/securityevsi.html

If you have a manual I think you would have a problem with remote start due to the clutch needing to be depressed to start it.

good luck let us know how you go.

Jas
    Last edited by JasperJ; 03-12-2007, 10:32 PM. Reason: apparently I can't spell
    sigpic

Comment

• J.B.
      CrawlerStar
      • Mar 2007

Alarm System???

Originally posted by JasperJ View Post
      Hey Karl,
      Not sure what the features are exactly but there is an original one from MOPAR P/N 05026290AC taken from the parts listing. I have seen on a couple of sites as well retailing for about US$160, have a look on. http://www.justforjeeps.com/securityevsi.html

If you have a manual I think you would have a problem with remote start due to the clutch needing to be depressed to start it.

good luck let us know how you go.

Jas
      Yes from what I read on the U.S. site... the 'remote start' option is only available on the automatic. Since I'm still waiting on my Jeep..you may have answered a question anyway...but... we are supposed to get an alarm with the Power Group..option that includes electric windows etc... Is this not the case ?

Comment

• cowwee
        Established Member
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
        Yes from what I read on the U.S. site... the 'remote start' option is only available on the automatic. Since I'm still waiting on my Jeep..you may have answered a question anyway...but... we are supposed to get an alarm with the Power Group..option that includes electric windows etc... Is this not the case ?
        I think it is an engine immobiliser.

Mine will be an auto, but i really want the motion sensors, etc, can do without the remote start.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience fitting an alarm into a JK Unlimited!!??

Cheers
        Karl
        2011 JK 2door - Petrol

Comment

• Dave
          (O |||||||| O)
          • Jan 2003

I have had an upgrade alarm fitted to my non unlimited JK. It was a nightmare to get done, went to the shop 3 times (but I think they where incompetent) thankfully the manufacturer of the alarm was in Perth and they sorted it with a few visits. Its a Dynamco upgrade p485 I think now that they have done myne any of there retailers should be able to do it as they put the instructions on the web page. Im still trying to find a good spot for the microwave sensor but once thats sorted ill be happy. No remote start or anything, uses the lock/unlock buttons on the factory key which is what i wanted.
          AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM

Comment

• Ashley
            I just registered
            • Oct 2007

Dave,

Where did you get your alarm put in? I have emailed alberts (3 stores) asking about this and for a price and havent heard anything.

thanks in advance

Comment

• Simsy85
              Pollie Waffle
              • Apr 2008

I thought the JK was pretty much unstartable without the sentry key...?

My mates nitro got broken into, they tried to jump start it but coudln't do $hit... Its uses a sentry key as well..
              Last edited by Simsy85; 13-07-2008, 11:13 PM.
              2008 JK Wrangler Sports Yellow
              QGOC
              Vice El Presidente

Comment

• Tiny
                pink bits r good
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by cowwee View Post
                Hiya,

Can anyone suggest a good alarm system for a 4-door JK???

I would like one with motion sensors, engine disable, maybe remote start, etc.

Cheers

Karl
                a blue cattle dog will do all that it just takes a while to teach them to start it and if they chew the wires under the dash the engine will be emobalized
                Last edited by Tiny; 13-07-2008, 11:55 PM.
                sigpic

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"

Comment

Working...
                X