• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yoda42
    Full Flexer
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by yoda42 View Post
    Hi numb thumbs, just got my airflow snorkel in the mail today, did you look at your snorkel before you had it fitted, if so did you notice if it had a scooped out bit in the joint that goes through the fender( see pic) any info you have would be great before I start drilling into the jeep. Thanks Yoda [ATTACH]70678[/ATTACH]

2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo CRD, Uneek4x4 bullbar, Murchison Products Suspension Lift

So I just got an email and phone call from Michael at airflow.
    The cut out is correct, apparently it's very tight behind the fender and the right hand elbow joiner needs to be pushed right up against the snorkel body, the cut out allows this, a big thanks to Michael for the phone call and info

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    sigpic2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo CRD, Aussieswag Rover LX Camper,http://travelswithbeagles.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Numb Thumbs
      Full Flexer
      • Jan 2013

I have just returned from two weeks away with the snorkel fitted.

It is noisy. The induction noise is loud under heavy throttle and there seems to be a fair bit of wind noise as well.

I didn't notice any change in fuel usage...

Cheers
      numb Thumbs

PS I did not see it before install.
      sigpic2017 Grand Cherokee Limited with Off-road Pack - Quadra-Lift, Quadra-Drive and Bash Plates.

Comment

• GeoffV
        Established Member
        • Mar 2013

Hmm I wonder what the Murchison Products snorkel is like for noise? Perhaps he me may have noticed a change in fuel consumption with his snorkel? Stu has had one on the road for a while now. He should have one of the production snorkels in his hot little hands today.....are we there yet Stu???

Comment

• CRDSTU
          Just Build it
          • Jan 2006

Just to put all the regular forum knockers and naysayers to rest, here is the production snorkels sitting on my office floor today. We have only just got these back from the production guys last week. I've found 2 inclusions in the mould that I need the factory to repair before moulding more. With the working prototype on our car we noticed to loss or no real gains in fuel economy, but my WK2 is tuned and runs a different setup so I haven't been able to test on a stock one as yet _ I imagine it will be the same or better. I can guarantee you there will be no loss of fuel economy with ours and I expect to see a slight gain on the freeway if anything - our internal sizes are larger than the stock airbox openings and there is volume added to the overall structure. Much less restrictive than a tonne of other brand snorkels we've fitted anyway - hence the whole reason we decided to do this one ourselves. I could go on and list the snorkels and brands that increase fuel consumption but I wont
          Murchison Products Workshop
          S27.32998 E152.97906
          U85/86
          111 Leitchs Rd
          Brendale QLD

Comment

• SnakeDoctor
            Full Flexer
            • Feb 2011

Looks good mate!
            MY15 GC CRDSTU lift, Mopar rock rails, underbody protection. Chief sump guard, hooks.

Comment

• roscoea26
              CrawlerStar
              • Apr 2007

Very well designed Stu and to me it flows with the vehicle's front shape

Comment

• GeoffV
                Established Member
                • Mar 2013

Fantastic. Looking forward to getting it fitted up!

Comment

• fwdjeep
                  Established Member
                  • May 2012

Would love to see some pictures of the plumbing set up
                  Last edited by fwdjeep; 09-03-2015, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X