X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfeddersen
    I just registered
    • Aug 2015

I replaced my fuel pressure regulator today. Didnt take any photos because it pissed me off from the first snapped bolt. But it fixed the problem now. Starts first shot every time now. So happy that jobs out of the way!

Comment

• jfeddersen
      I just registered
      • Aug 2015

Was a good day and a long time coming

Comment

• nitrobrent
        Full Flexer
        • Apr 2011

Must do mine, just not looking forward to putting the tank back in, last time was a bitch.
        It doesn't matter how big a problem you have with your Jeep,it's nothing that money can't fix.

Comment

• jfeddersen
          I just registered
          • Aug 2015

Worth it man. Starts like a dream now. Thats the first stage of my build done. Colour! Next bar work and more lift. Slowly slowly

Comment

• jfeddersen
            I just registered
            • Aug 2015

3 days later car turns over but doesnt start. Throws up a code 54 so pretty certain ive done a cam sensor. Now to wait two weeks for a new one from the states. ********ing jeep

Comment

• jfeddersen
              I just registered
              • Aug 2015

Turns out after all that my alternator is ********ed. A dying battery and dead alternator will throw up some random codes!

Comment

• jfeddersen
                I just registered
                • Aug 2015

Yesterday i went for a burn up the beach and now when i put it in reverse i get a banging noise. It goes away when i press the clutch in. Im guessing ive ********ed a reverse gear inside the box. So keep an eye on this post as ill be doing a full gearbox/gears/synchro/clutch rebuild. Sigh. Never ending dramas with this car. Im glad its not my daily. I seem to find something new to break after every outing!

Comment

• jfeddersen
                  I just registered
                  • Aug 2015

Started tearing down the gearbox today.

Found the cause to the banging in reverse. Missing a whole tooth on tge reverse idler gear

Ordered new idler gear last night

Also i found that my gearbox has the external clutch cylinder. I thought they were all internal on the early Tjs. Mines a 97 model. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Comment

Working...
                  X