• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WHHEMI
    No Winching
    • Oct 2007

WH lift problems

Trying to fit a second hand lift that came out of a Comander, brought it from multihull on here, all going well until I tried to fit the bottom of the strut into the strut fork clevis and it wont fit do these need to be changed as well or am I doing something wrong, kit has bilstiens struts and arb front springs and bilstiens with king rear springs The vehicle it's getting fitted to is an 05 limited with Hemi.
    Last edited by WHHEMI; 07-04-2016, 06:39 PM.
    Formally known as greenjk
  • Clarky
    Irok Bandit
    • Apr 2012

No they should fit, you could try heating the clevis forks up to about 100° in the oven to get them to expand a bit.
    sigpic SOLD 06 Limited G/C QuadraDrive II Lovells 2"Lift +30 rims 265/70/17 Imported Saguaro Bar Stedi

Comment

• WHHEMI
      No Winching
      • Oct 2007

All good, I removed the clevis and fitted it to the bottom of the strut then fitted the whole assembly in together, just drove it and I'm very happy with the improved ride and control.

Comment

• wilsonjeep
        CrawlerStar
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by greenjk View Post
        Trying to fit a second hand lift that came out of a Comander, brought it from multihull on here, all going well until I tried to fit the bottom of the strut into the strut fork clevis and it wont fit do these need to be changed as well or am I doing something wrong, kit has bilstiens struts and arb front springs and bilstiens with king rear springs The vehicle it's getting fitted to is an 05 limited with Hemi.
        That's funny because I fitted multihulls old bottom control arms to my grand and had trouble getting them to fit the shock Clevis! The angle was all wrong, made it work but it was weird!!
        sigpic[/SIGPIC]WH Grand, Built not Bought!

Comment

• WHHEMI
          No Winching
          • Oct 2007

All worked out for me in the end as well, really happy with the increase in hight as well as the improved ride.

Comment

Working...
          X