• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudguard
    Established Member
    • Mar 2014

UHF radio shift....again!

Changed the location of the UHF handpiece as it was on the centre console, nope to fiddly & untidy and as the saying goes "better to be looking at it, than looking for it". so for me its quicker to grab & replace now, just bent up a clip that hooks in behind the vent fascia
    Attached Files
    What's next?
  • LeCheese
    Full Flexer
    • Dec 2011

Looks good, but I value that vent too much in the QLD heat

I've got the same Uniden unit - have you had any issues with yours? I find mine freezes sporadically (but frequently) - can still receive, but all buttons incl. transmit become non-operational - and I have to pull the RJ cable to power down and reset it.

Have emailed Uniden a couple of months ago but haven't heard back, which I should probably follow up on...
    2015 GC Limited Diesel w/ QL and ORA pack
    Chief recovery points, 22" Stedi lightbar, Catch Can

sigpic

Comment

• Mudguard
      Established Member
      • Mar 2014

LeCheese, thought of that, the handpiece can swivel 180° so clears the vent, and as yet alls good with my unit
      What's next?

Comment

• LeCheese
        Full Flexer
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Mudguard View Post
        LeCheese, thought of that, the handpiece can swivel 180° so clears the vent, and as yet alls good with my unit
        Glad to hear, I must’ve just got a dud

sigpic

Comment

• Bobs_Dog
          I just registered
          • Apr 2013

Uniden UHF mobile CB radios have a 5 year warranty, so if it’s less than 5 years old, start with the sales agent for a warranty repair or replacement.
          If you don’t have the original sales receipt, you can ask the sales agent to use the radio’s serial number and his records (or Uniden’s records) to determine if the radio is still under warranty.

Comment

• drover
            MonsterMoose
            • Apr 2005

Good luck getting an answer................... I put the handpiece with double sided tape down behind the shifter that way either of us can get to it and I don't mash it in the door as I once did many years ago and since my unit is stuck with silastic under the seat works well for cable running, no stuffing around.
            2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
            Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• LeCheese
              Full Flexer
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Bobs_Dog View Post
              Uniden UHF mobile CB radios have a 5 year warranty, so if it’s less than 5 years old, start with the sales agent for a warranty repair or replacement.
              If you don’t have the original sales receipt, you can ask the sales agent to use the radio’s serial number and his records (or Uniden’s records) to determine if the radio is still under warranty.
              Yeah it's been doing it since about 1 week after install (only about 3mo ago) - considered going back through Autobarn, but thought I'd try Uniden first. Not that keen to do a full uninstall that I assume would be required if returning to sales agent, and would love for them to just ship me a new handpiece. Might give their number a service number a ring this week

sigpic

Comment

• FARWEST
                No Winching
                • Aug 2022

Only ever had problems with Uniden hand pieces...the units were top notch....wasnt always Unidens problem with some of the hand pieces failing...upside to having so many sets was I could pull an old hand piece off a unit n replace the 'munted' hand piece...pita but...swap meets ????....buy sell exchange ???...fb ???....gumtree ????....not a warranty no cost solution but.....
                WK2 MY13 CRD LIMITED

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Comment

Working...
                X