• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GMWK2
    Established Member
    • Feb 2012

WL 2 Row release date?

Hi all,

Is there any firm information as to when the WL 2 row will be released in Australia?

Any news on the Hurricane engine?

Thanks.
    GMWK2
    Now - MY17 Overland, White
    Gone - MY15 Overland, Black
    Gone - MY12 Laredo, Grey
  • GMWK2
    Established Member
    • Feb 2012

So, as timing would have it there is an update here :

The next-generation, five-seat Jeep Grand Cherokee is now not due in Australia until 2023, in petrol and plug-in hybrid forms.

Delayed till next year.

But it seems we will only be getting the V6 petrol.

So I'm out.

After owning three WK2's since 2011, my next car looks like being an Everest.
    Gone - MY12 Laredo, Grey

Comment

• GMWK2
      Established Member
      • Feb 2012

Agh.

So I've had a look at Everest, and it just isn't doing it for me. Even the Platinum is premium looking enough - and no dimming external mirrors!

So do I wait for a Jeep 2 row for who knows how long. And the new Hurricane motor seems to have vanished.

What to do?
      Gone - MY12 Laredo, Grey

Comment

• eksjay
        Full Flexer
        • Jan 2009

I have been watching some Youtube videos about the Wagoneer.

Does anyone know if this will be available to RHD markets? Even a basic spec model would be circa $USD 70K, while a Grand model would be $USD 110K.

The car looks impressive, and although it is promoted with a lot of high tech gadgets and screens, the plain vanilla version looks like it may be a good overland vehicle in terms of size, and 4WD system.

Is there a market for this car in Australia given the sales of Dodge RAM 1500 (which has the same underpinnings)?

Would someone looking to buy the new Grand Cherokee L consider the standard Wagoneer instead?

Comment

• genpk
          Full Flexer
          • Sep 2020

last time i spoke to the local dealer he reckoned that the new 5 seater was expected
          around February.
          I read an article in the US that Jeep are looking at fitting the hurricane engine to the grand cherokees later next year.
          I believe the engine is a brute and goes like a scalded cat.
          Funnily enough, the tow rating in the US appears higher than the rating here.
          Not sure why?

Comment

Working...
          X