X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FARWEST
    No Winching
    • Aug 2022

Im using 30/40A relays....dont think its the relays that have created this start run stop problem Im experiencing recently....a few guys have tried higher amp relays and differing brands of relay with some success....the true cure appears to come from the use of the VV aftermarket repair kit.
    I may try the bosch buggers with a higher amperage next time round...but...I reckon my 'stalked' tranny is the basis of what Im experiencing now.
    Im willing to try the higher amp relays but hold little hope it will fix my current problem.
    Cheers.
    WK2 MY13 CRD LIMITED

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Comment

• Treebreakerbob
      Full Flexer
      • Mar 2014

Pete, take your foot off the brake pedal when turning off and let me know how you go. Reason being as we age gracefully sometimes we push the start/stop button twice and this causes the computer to have a hissey fit, did u want me to stop or start and the starting sequence is incomplete so the next time you go to start it the sequence is incomplete and it shuts down, the next time it starts as normal. Works on mine. The first thing the computer does is unlock the steering lock then proceeds to do all the other stuff

My thoughts are the fuel relay is a symptom not the cause of the problem

Bob

Comment

• FARWEST
        No Winching
        • Aug 2022

Thanks Bob....I cant say I can consciously remember if my foot is off the brake pedal when I hit the shut down button, but, I will make a conscious effort to do it and get back to you.
        Totally agree that the relays are purely a symptom and not the cause.
        Down the track, I wil invest in the VV kit....just have to add it to the 'to do list'.....that list is just getting longer....not the cars fault....have a bit of schedule ahead with the 'salt mines' and may even change to FIFO from Adel and leave the car at the workshop related to the jobs I want done then collect and drive home at the end of my swings.....will be a genuine 'test drive' after the work is done 😊
        WK2 MY13 CRD LIMITED

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Comment

• SouthernComfort
          RubiconSlammer
          • Dec 2017

Quote: ....I cant say I can consciously remember if my foot is off the brake pedal when I hit the shut down button, but, I will make a conscious effort to do it and get back to you.
          Totally agree that the relays are purely a symptom and not the cause.

That was my thinking when referring to the relays as 'band aids'. Always felt they are a symptom, the cause/s remaining uncertain. If I still had the WK2 I'd be aiming for the VV job by now, then crossed fingers!

BTW, I became very conscious of keeping foot off the brake when shutting down, it's become so second nature that I still do it in the new Euro, along with foot-off when ignition goes on to let the FP wake up, then foot-on to start. This bad boy fires up lightening fast, I don't know how the pump has time to start working!
          MY13 GC Laredo CRD - gone but not forgotten
          MY23 Skoda Octavia MKIV wagon - fully loaded

Comment

• drover
            MonsterMoose
            • Apr 2005

If I had one of these models I would have chucked the mechanical and fitted a SSR in its place, $60 or $80 small price to pay and then if not the solution gone for the VV board ........ It would have been that or the Scania repair solution.......
            2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
            Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

Working...
            X