• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wooders
    Time to tinker
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by locoman View Post
    Axles are around $328 each plus about $80 per bearing and yes it is common to replace the axles at the same time as I have just done one of mine and it was #$#@%&.

Hope this helps
    It depends on if the axle is ABS or not. And remember its' always a good idea to ring around
    Cheers
    Wooders
    www.wooders.com.au
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Wooders-Jp-Garage

Comment

• DionM
      Full Flexer
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Steve F View Post
      Not sure if this method would work with the rear as you have the whole length of a driven axle bolted to the wheel which is supported at the inner and outer ends, no CV's or UNI's to allow any movement. I think there would be very little scope for movement of the wheel top to bottom (although you can move them in and out slightly due to the c-clip design). If you can rock the wheels top to bottom I'd be checking the wheelnuts first

Cheers
      Steve
      Wish it was that easy - wheelnuts were just rattle-gun'd up prior to the check Anyway, shall take it back to them to get a more accurate diagnosis, just trying to prepare myself for the worst.

Have noticed the rear end feels a bit funny on hard turns with slight power applied ... feels like I have a square wheel (feels hoppy) sometimes.
      Dion
      01 XJ Cherokee Classic 4.0 (ARB Bar, 2" OME Lift, etc etc)

Comment

• DionM
        Full Flexer
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Wooders View Post
        It depends on if the axle is ABS or not. And remember its' always a good idea to ring around
        Mine's ABS.
        Dion

Comment

• wheeliebin

Regarding the towing off Fraser Island:
          RACQ will NOT get you off Fraser. No assistance, no payment. You have to arrange for the local 4WD recovery service, and you have to pay up front, and you have to sign a damage waiver because of the trees on the inland tracks causing paint and panel damge while the 4WD is up so high on a 4WD truck. A friend had to do it last year and it was $1500 up front to get him to the barge at Kingfisher. RACQ may help once you reach Hervey Bay, but not before.
          Thankfully for my mate his vehicle was a write off so insurance did end up covering the recovery. (He drowned it when the chartered barge ordered him off in hip deep water.)

Comment

• DionM
            Full Flexer
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by wheeliebin View Post
            Regarding the towing off Fraser Island:
            RACQ will NOT get you off Fraser. No assistance, no payment. You have to arrange for the local 4WD recovery service, and you have to pay up front, and you have to sign a damage waiver because of the trees on the inland tracks causing paint and panel damge while the 4WD is up so high on a 4WD truck. A friend had to do it last year and it was $1500 up front to get him to the barge at Kingfisher. RACQ may help once you reach Hervey Bay, but not before.
            Thankfully for my mate his vehicle was a write off so insurance did end up covering the recovery. (He drowned it when the chartered barge ordered him off in hip deep water.)

Thanks for the info - useful to know.
            Dion

Comment

Working...
            X