• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jtctlc
    • Jan 2004

Hand Primer Pump Leaking

Hello Layback40 and MattP,

I am having similar problem with my XJ with diesel leaking past the plunger shaft.

Layback40 - Do you recall what size o-ring you used and did you have to remove the plunger from the filter head?

MattP - Can you remember what grade of locktite that you used?

Thanks in advance

jtctlc

Comment

• layback40
      Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by jtctlc View Post

I am having similar problem with my XJ with diesel leaking past the plunger shaft.

Layback40 - Do you recall what size o-ring you used and did you have to remove the plunger from the filter head?

Thanks in advance

jtctlc
      I just used one I had. I think it was about the size of the ones you find on garden hose fittings or maybe a bit smaller. Didnt remove the plunger, just unscrewed ir & then stretched the O ring over the top handle bit & screwed the plunger back down on it. Had to make sure the O ring was sitting central under the head/handle bit on the plunger.
      98&01XJVMs,06&07KJCRD's,No longer question authority,I annoy it.More effect,less effort.10000Club

Comment

• MattP
        Established Member
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jtctlc View Post

Thanks in advance

jtctlc
        It's Loctite 542 Thread Sealant. Works really well, I haven't had an issue since (2 years).

mATT.
        Matt

XJ Diesel
        Brisbane

Comment

• jtctlc
          • Jan 2004

Hand Pump Primer Leaking

Hello

Layback40 and MattP, thanks for your replies.

At this stage, o-ring is doing the trick and so far my xj is starting a lot better.

I'll get some Loctite hread sealant as just in case, probably handy for other jobs as well.

Regards
          jtc

Comment

• layback40
            Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner
            • Jan 2011

Maybe some more knowledgeable members can comment. On ebay VM heads for sale. Looks like they have had the coating planed off them & so are useless

98&01XJVMs,06&07KJCRD's,No longer question authority,I annoy it.More effect,less effort.10000Club

Comment

• Deezelweazel
              Full Flexer
              • Feb 2010

If so, no look required.
              If the coating is missing, forget about them.
              There are also a lot of fake aftermarket heads circulating...
              C30 AMG 3.0L engine doing donuts

Comment

• MidnightMods
                MudSplasher
                • Jun 2012

I have just done a 2nd fuel injectors on my 2.8crd and it has only clicked over 50,000km..

I have owned the car for a few months now and done around 4-5000km before it started to play up, I brought the car from someone who was in a semi remote area, (out of town, along the coast) so it has me thinking the fuel out there isnt that great hence why 2 injectors have failed.

Is there anything I can/should add to the fuel to prevent this happening again? I am planning to replace all 4 injectors at 100,000km but at the dealers cost of $2550 each... I would like to prevent any more failing as the car is about to run out of warranty... I have how ever found new injectors over seas for $750aud each landed so I will go about replacing all 4 in a few years if nothing else plays up on the car..

Any tips on the 2.8vm would be great also

Comment

• Irishcoffee
                  AJOR Silver
                  • Apr 2011

@MidnightMods
                  Regarding VM Injectors I did find a guy from UK which is selling VM 2,8 CRD injectors at a reasonable price. Contact details: tezvic27@hotmail.com or call him on mobile phone in UK: 07821458552.
                  here's his posting on AUSJOR:

Cheers
                  John
                  sigpic
                  JKU 2009, 2,8 CRD, ARB, OME, IPF, Mopar, Warn
                  www.jeepromania.ro

Comment

Working...
                  X