• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drover
    MonsterMoose
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Hoppy99 View Post
    Well you could put kayaks up there but just make sure they are the first thing you unload! Any vehicle with a lift up tailgate will cause the same issue for you...
    Yep, thats the problem, the WG I had it set up with a poofteenth of room, I have a couple of cunning plans like having them on there side might give clearance but getting the rack sorted out one day.
    2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
    Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• GCRob
      Established Member
      • Oct 2019

Yeah, the door is a problem when you're putting kayaks up there and you want to get into the back door as well. The Audi I had with an auto door you could stop part way up but it appears the GC one doesn't do this .

I still carry the kayaks just have to make sure they are last on and first off. I did use "J"racks for a while and they weren't a problem but you can't slide a kayak into a "J" rack from the back easily.

I might try putting the cradles closer together to raise the stern up a bit to see if I can get the clearance to open the back door. Looks like I'll have plenty of time on the weekend to fiddle with it.
      MY18 WK2 Trail Hawk

Comment

• SnakeDoctor
        Full Flexer
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by GCRob View Post
        Yeah, the door is a problem when you're putting kayaks up there and you want to get into the back door as well. The Audi I had with an auto door you could stop part way up but it appears the GC one doesn't do this .
        I often stop my MY15 Grand Cherokee Limited rear door part way, the auto door opener/closer stops when you apply pressure to it/manually stop it with your hands.
        MY15 GC CRDSTU lift, Mopar rock rails, underbody protection. Chief sump guard, hooks.

Comment

• Barboots
          CrawlerStar
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
          I often stop my MY15 Grand Cherokee Limited rear door part way, the auto door opener/closer stops when you apply pressure to it/manually stop it with your hands.
          Yes but you have to be on the ball when you go to close it... as some Muppet decided that it should go up. 🤨

Comment

• SnakeDoctor
            Full Flexer
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Barboots View Post
            Yes but you have to be on the ball when you go to close it... as some Muppet decided that it should go up. 🤨
            haha, I just manually close it afterwards, but yes, agreed.

It's never been too much of an issue for me personally, where my GC is parked I can't open the rear fully so its always used manually.
            MY15 GC CRDSTU lift, Mopar rock rails, underbody protection. Chief sump guard, hooks.

Comment

• Nanook
              AJOR Bronze
              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
              That's what I do as well, then just manually close it.
              Cheers,
              Jamie

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders

Comment

• GCRob
                Established Member
                • Oct 2019

Interesting everytime I stop mine manually it just starts to close again, it doesn't stay open at that point? I'll have a bit of a practice later. Thanks for the advice.
                MY18 WK2 Trail Hawk

Comment

Working...
                X