• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YankeeDave
    Lowranger Shocker
    • Apr 2006

going with the theme of the title of this thread

I want to do a rear storage unit for the JKU but am interested to know if people require it to be carpeted.

Would a cheaper alternative be acceptable, or is it just expected they be carpeted and have Al trim?

Comment

• moxon
      Full Flexer
      • Jan 2010

And then steel fenders with tyre coverage ?
      sigpic
      if the jeeps happy i am

Comment

• YankeeDave
        Lowranger Shocker
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by moxon View Post
        And then steel fenders with tyre coverage ?
        i've been tossing up whether to do this. Having cnc mandrel benders at my disposal says i probably will do it sooner rather than later.
        next question ally or steel?

Comment

• wrangler2010
          CrawlerStar
          • May 2010

Originally posted by YankeeDave View Post
          going with the theme of the title of this thread

I want to do a rear storage unit for the JKU but am interested to know if people require it to be carpeted.

Would a cheaper alternative be acceptable, or is it just expected they be carpeted and have Al trim?
          If you can keep it cheap you will sell a lot more. People can add what they want themselves.

Comment

• moxon
            Full Flexer
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YankeeDave View Post
            i've been tossing up whether to do this. Having cnc mandrel benders at my disposal says i probably will do it sooner rather than later.
            next question ally or steel?
            Why not both options personally I would go steel to keep cost down but def a market for both.
            Last edited by moxon; 27-10-2012, 07:25 AM.
            sigpic
            if the jeeps happy i am

Comment

• MightyMouse
              No Winching
              • Aug 2009

Personally i'd like it carpeted - at least the top and surface facing the driver, but that doesn't mean it has to be supplied by you this way.

There are any number of enterprising vehicle trimmers who would probably jump at the chance to supply an add on "carpet kit".... Gives people options and frees you up to stick with the stuff you do best.

A "carpet kit" would be a cool way to replace the carpeted surfaces if they got a bit second hand with use as well.
              It seemed like a good idea at the time........

Comment

Full Flexer
                • Aug 2011

for storage I would do carpeted top and the rest of it done in PolyUrea coating that would look good and be very tough

I'd do it in aluminum if you could do something like the nemesis industries Odyssey Front Flares it would look very good
                2010 jk crd2.8l unlimited and some bits
                DBOR JK Wild Kit 3" Speedbump Fox Shock DBOR Bull Bar

Comment

• dom83
                  Full Flexer
                  • Sep 2012

very keen to see your take on rear storage unit. This was going to be one of the first things i did to my rubicon once it arrived.
                  Cheers Dom

MY13 JKU Manual Billet Silver Rubicon,Leather,SAT/NAV,Towbar,AEV-Front-Bar

Comment

Working...
                  X