• Buffomarinus
    CrawlerStar
    • Jul 2012

Good news all round!

Comment

• bmackin
      CrawlerStar
      • Mar 2012

On Friday I received the final prototypes for Chief Products WK2 Recovery Hook & WK2 Recovery Point. They're not painted and looking fancy yet, but I thought you guys might like to see them anyway. They're set to go into full production right after the holidays.

I'm also happy to announce, Chief products website is 99% complete and will launch after the holidays.

We're excited to get these first products out the door and onto everyone's WK2. We've got a lot of other great products in development for 2014.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
      Bill

Final Prototypes - WK2 Recovery Hook & WK2 Recovery Point

Final Prototypes Installed - WK2 Recovery Point (Passenger Side & Driver Side)

Final Prototypes Installed - WK2 Recovery Point (Passenger Side & Driver Side) & WK2 Sump Protection Plate

* If you're interested in our WK2 Sump Protection Plate, check out this thread for more info.
      2012 WK2 Overland - Mineral Grey, 5.7L, Quadra-Lift - (Rock Rails & 275/65R18 Maxxis MT-762s)

Comment

• MissionMan
        Established Member
        • May 2009

Originally posted by bmackin View Post
        On Friday I received the final prototypes for Chief Products WK2 Recovery Hook & WK2 Recovery Point. They're not painted and looking fancy yet, but I thought you guys might like to see them anyway. They're set to go into full production right after the holidays.

I'm also happy to announce, Chief products website is 99% complete and will launch after the holidays.

We're excited to get these first products out the door and onto everyone's WK2. We've got a lot of other great products in development for 2014.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
        Bill

Final Prototypes - WK2 Recovery Hook & WK2 Recovery Point

Final Prototypes Installed - WK2 Recovery Point (Passenger Side & Driver Side)

Final Prototypes Installed - WK2 Recovery Point (Passenger Side & Driver Side) & WK2 Sump Protection Plate

* If you're interested in our WK2 Sump Protection Plate, check out this thread for more info.
        Looks good. I like the plate as well.

Comment

• bmackin
          CrawlerStar
          • Mar 2012

If you're keen to see these final prototypes in action, a few of the Chief Products team will be up at LCMP for a bit of 4Wheeling, camping & product testing on Jan 6th - 8th.

If you can join us, we'd love to catch up for a bit of 4Wheeling and a few beers around the campfire.
          Last edited by bmackin; 09-01-2014, 02:17 PM.
          2012 WK2 Overland - Mineral Grey, 5.7L, Quadra-Lift - (Rock Rails & 275/65R18 Maxxis MT-762s)

Comment

• archcat74
            I just registered
            • Dec 2013

Hey bmackin. These look fantastic and I'll be placing an order when they're available. One question I have (cos I'm a noob to the 4WD world) is does the recovery HOOK have any advantage or disadvantage over the recovery POINT. I like the recovery POINT idea better cos I have shackles etc already...

Cheers,
            Brett
            Last edited by archcat74; 03-01-2014, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• bmackin
              CrawlerStar
              • Mar 2012

Hey Brett,

I'm glad you like them. They should be available very soon.

To answer your question, the hook is a bit easier to use with a strap, (it just slips on the hook) but has a lower SWL (Safe Working Load) rating. The Point is stronger, but requires the use of shackles.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
              Bill

Comment

• MissionMan
                Established Member
                • May 2009

Can I suggest you put an initial "Notify us when available" or express interest section on the temp web site you created so people can register to get notified?

Comment

• Baracuda
                  I just registered
                  • Dec 2013

these hooks available for a WJ? if so how much ?

Comment

Working...
                  X