The QLD *Spotted* thread. and original spotted thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muddy
    CrawlerStar
    • Dec 2009

Lots of JKs around here. All shiny, and several with very low profile tyres. It's quite sad, and I don't get many return waves...

Comment

• SeaComms
      MonsterMoose
      • Jun 2010

Been seeing a Silver JK with silver hard top getting around Noosaville for the last few weeks with WA plates on it. Looks like 35's on black 20in rims with a 4+ in lift. Looks huge!
      Cheers, Dave :)

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Comment

• muddy
        CrawlerStar
        • Dec 2009

Whenever I go up to Mt Gravatt lookout (only a couple of times a year) I inevitably see a TJ (I think), nicely done up with spotties and diamond plate on the sides. Each time he'll do a circuit of the car park, dissapear for a bit, then come back. Has happened on the last five times I've been up there so I'm assuming that the driver does it all the time. Not quite sure what that's all about. Nice looking jeep, though. He waves too.

edit:

I feel I should point out that I go up to the lookout for the nice cafe that's there now, rather than hang out with the "i like to pretend that my life is like the fast and the furious but I'm really a virgin who lives in his mum's basement' pondscum that goes there too.
        Last edited by muddy; 01-01-2012, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Jeeps
          HydroKing
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by muddy View Post
          edit:

I feel I should point out that I go up to the lookout for the nice cafe that's there now, rather than hang out with the "i like to pretend that my life is like the fast and the furious but I'm really a virgin who lives in his mum's basement' pondscum that goes there too.
          Likely excuse! You know if you go up the mt gravatt lookout, you can 'own' the ch7 uhf cb repeater and talk over everyone

cheers
          Softtop TJ, 2" lift, 980 AT's, SYE, 4.11 ratios & locker, 5 string Banjo.

Comment

• muddy
            CrawlerStar
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Jeeps View Post
            Likely excuse! You know if you go up the mt gravatt lookout, you can 'own' the ch7 uhf cb repeater and talk over everyone

cheers

Ah, is that where the repeater lives? Hmmm. Having just bought a handheld I've been listening in on Ch7. Seem like an interesting bunch. Not necessarily kid-friendly chat, though!

Comment

• muddy
              CrawlerStar
              • Dec 2009

Up at Bribie yesterday for a bit of boogieboarding with favourite daughter and came across a black JK both lowered and gussied up with chrome to the hilt - chrome mirrors, door hinges, grille, light surrounds, wheels, low profiles tyres, aerial, bullbar side steps and rear view mirror. It was daylight, but I'm sure that could see a bit of wire hanging own underneath that hinted at a poorly installed set of ground effect lighting too.

In a situation like that, is one excused from waving? I was a bit concerned that reflected sunlight might cause instant and fatal sunburn to my hand if I were to raise it )

To each his own, and all that, but while it isn't my taste I have seen some nicely blinged up Jeeps. This was not one of them.
              Last edited by muddy; 14-01-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Jeeps
                HydroKing
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by muddy View Post
                Ah, is that where the repeater lives? Hmmm. Having just bought a handheld I've been listening in on Ch7. Seem like an interesting bunch. Not necessarily kid-friendly chat, though!

No it's on Mt Glorious but Mt Gravatt gives a nice clear unobstructed signal.

I've been on Mt Glorious and because it's so high, you can hear every person talking on every UHF cb channel in south east queensland whether they are using a repeater or not! It's high up there . Channel 40 is full on, as you can hear 50 people all talking to each other...
                Softtop TJ, 2" lift, 980 AT's, SYE, 4.11 ratios & locker, 5 string Banjo.

Comment

• muddy
                  CrawlerStar
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Jeeps View Post
                  No it's on Mt Glorious but Mt Gravatt gives a nice clear unobstructed signal.

I've been on Mt Glorious and because it's so high, you can hear every person talking on every UHF cb channel in south east queensland whether they are using a repeater or not! It's high up there . Channel 40 is full on, as you can hear 50 people all talking to each other...
                  Aha. There's a fair bit of comms gear up there (looks to be mostly microwave repeaters and a satelite uplink), hence my confusion.

Comment

Working...
                  X