• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4xponder
    I just registered
    • Aug 2011

Rear passengers

I am currently looking at getting a 4 door JK but would like to know how many people travel with 3 kids in the back and what your experiences are?

I so much want to get a JK as they just look and preform fantasticly but as it is a bit smaller inside from our current vehicle I need the feed back to convince the handbrake.

thanks, Derek
  • west aus wrangler
    I just registered
    • Feb 2011

hey derek, we have a 4dr, and 3 boys, aged 13, 8, and 6 months, when we go offroading, we put the baby seat ( bigger in width than either of the kids... lol ) in the middle of the seat, and the other 2 boys get the windows..... for everyday driving the baby seat goes on the passenger window to make it easier for the wife to put the baby in and out when she is driving it, and the boys sit together ... we have no dramas with the room

my wife actually suggested we get the jk as a family play thing ( what a gal ).......best buy we have made. weekends away, day trips.... and everyday driving, the jeep does it all....

do it, you wont regret

Comment

• wranglertj
      DetroitDemon
      • Dec 2006

We have two kids but will often have a friend in back and we find it perfectly acceptable
      If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything

Comment

• wrangler2010
        CrawlerStar
        • May 2010

I have 3 kids in mine also without any problems. Ages 7, 13 and 17.

Comment

• skinnee
          Established Member
          • Apr 2011

when heading off camping,two kids and wife in the back, me driving and the dog navigating

Comment

• taskmaster
            CrawlerStar
            • Jan 2009

3 girls (7,10,13) in the back, no problems. DVD players on the head rests are mandatory.
            JK CRD UNLIMITED
            WITH A FEW MODS
            AND MORE TO COME.

Comment

• YankeeDave
              Lowranger Shocker
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by taskmaster View Post
              3 girls (7,10,13) in the back, no problems. DVD players on the head rests are mandatory.

agreed, my two kids could spend all day in the back now that we have dvd head rests.

Plenty of room in the back

Comment

• JBH
                Senior Newbie
                • Jul 2011

We got a portable DVD set from Tandy and can do what ever we want ... The young bloke and his mate just watch movies untill the fun starts ... By the way it was my wife that picked the JK too , same thing , it's a play toy !!!!

Comment

Working...
                X