• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tez57
    I just registered
    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Adrian D View Post
    Bosch: 0 281 002 239
    Mercedes: A 004 153 15 28 (still made by Bosch but you need this code to order from a Mercedes dealership)

Could we please start with some codes and current behaviour or the car? Do you get the P1130 code? Is it cutting off when accelerating hard?
    I was not told the code by the mechanic and thanks for part nos. current behaviour after gradually reducing air leaks, car turns cold starts briefly then just turns, sometimes turns 20 times then starts cold, aerostart cold starts first time and when engine warm car starts quick like nothing wrong. when running engine light is on. fuel water light was on so I removed filter and found filter fuel water sensor not located correctly so fixed that, tightened hoses etc changed centre o ring on filter and checked the other T fitting for ball bearing probs appears to be ok. I drive it for about 5 kms but revs stop at 3k and will not kick back when pedal depressed to the floor at any speed however will accelerate through the gears from idle and up hills. but still no kick down. when I magic spray on cold start, there is a knock like fuel rail but I couldn't pin point it. the mechanic said it was fuel rail sensor and most recently while waiting for parts to arrive after Melbourne public holidays, he said might be fuel regulator, where I kind of agree at the moment with orings might be an issue on the regulator. the original issue after faultless performance driving from cairns to geelong and then quite a bit of local geelong driving, was that I drove from geelong to Warrnambool 2.5 hrs and 20km from Warrnambool I developed this massive pinging and engine light so was reduced to low speed high revs to get into town to my daughters place and two days later I drove back to geelong keeping it above 2k revs and was mostly fine until I got to city traffic then it coughed and splutterd through towns, but made it home and changed the fuel filter to find that the green oring in centre of old filter was brittle. I then developed lots of air in the system gradually reducing air leaks myself (note a bit isolated down where I live and not hugely financial) so after finding that it would not rev above 3k and engine light still on, and only one out of ten cold starts without aerostart, I decided to take it to mechanic with scanner. please note my scanner is on the way, thank you for posting good information about where to get and what to get. Must have been dirt in the fuel or crappy filter o rings fitted by previous owner several months ago only now surfacing. I will find out codes today as I am desperate due to starting work first time in several years tomorrow lol I want to get the mechanic to pin down the error codes and leaks asap again most grateful for all of you guys help

Comment

• tez57
      I just registered
      • Nov 2017

result was regulator changed and sensor $481 charged works ok now thank you people.

Comment

Working...
      X