X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bjm
    Lowranger Shocker
    • Jun 2009

This is courtesy of Ozjeepster ex Jeep dealer employee in Coffs now out on own ,JeepsRus in Coffs. Might pay to give him a call.
    To test the WIN ECV/ESCL Jump in vehicle do not put foot on the brake,press start button,do you hear or feel steering lock release ,if not issue with WIN.

Comment

• SouthernComfort
      RubiconSlammer
      • Dec 2017

Thanks for posting this, I was unaware of vv until now, what a great site.

By using this guide I'm able to see that the recall was obviously done on my car before I bought it. It does seem like a cheap short-cut, but the worst part is that the external relay is mounted directly under the coolant reservoir overflow pipe. My relay already has some brown coolant stains on it....water and electricity, yeah that's a good mix!

TOMORROW I will be fitting an extended/rerouted overflow pipe.
      MY13 GC Laredo CRD - gone but not forgotten
      MY23 Skoda Octavia MKIV wagon - fully loaded

Comment

• Lmart
        I just registered
        • May 2018

Thanks bjm. I’ll do that test when I’m with the car next

Thanks for all your help, I’ll update here when I reach a solution

Comment

• spoondog
          Established Member
          • Apr 2015

If when you try to start it the car it just cycles the ignition as if you don't have your foot on the brake it could be something as simple as the switch on your brake being faulty. Not sure where the switch is on them but I reckon if you look up under your footwell you'll probably see it and you could bypass the switch or throw a multimeter on it to see if it's working.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Comment

• Lmart
            I just registered
            • May 2018

Thanks spoondog will give this a go too

Comment

• bjm
              Lowranger Shocker
              • Jun 2009

I sent an email to VerticalVisions asking if they do TIPM repairs from outside USA.No problems ,however just to be sure email part no of TIPM ,year, model and what is wrong with vehicle.Of course it still could be WIN etc.

Comment

• Lmart
                I just registered
                • May 2018

Thanks for all your help mate. No word from Jeep dealership yet. FCA have contacted me to say they cant do any more until it’s diagnosed... I have had it escalated to ‘resolutions department’

I’ll get in contact with Jeeps R us and vertical visions for some advice

Thansk again

Comment

• sege
                  Established Member
                  • May 2006

I had similar problems they checked TIPM WIPM n all, turned out to be a dodgy Starter Motor........ Which I tried to tell them to start with but what would a long suffering owner know
                  2012 WKII OVERLAND 3.0 CRD

Comment

Working...
                  X