• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silver_jk
    A.K.A Rentagheyde :-)
    • Apr 2006

im sticking with the stock 17" rims
    getting either 285/70/17" stt's or 33x 12.5 mtz's but its gonna have a 3.5" lift b4 i go to far off road in it

as for off road rims they should start heading in soon see procomp in melb they were going to bring in some steelies etc
    Last edited by silver_jk; 04-06-2007, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• salesguy
      Full Flexer
      • Feb 2004

My demo now has Cooper STT 265/75/16s. Hardly any noisier than the useless OE Bridgestones. They look cool, too. I don't know exactly how they've done it, but the noise and vibration suppression in the JK is very impressive.
      Mopar Or No Car.

Comment

• acetj
        CrawlerStar
        • Jul 2006

hi odelay
        yes my 285/75r16 are on stock rims but have lifted it with a 2 1/2" spacer kit. no rubbing at all. seems to have had some affect on the esp. tyres are still very flush with flares with no hang out.
        ALL BE AWARE...IF YOU LIFT..... YOU NEED OFF SET BALL JOINTS......
        YOU WILL WEAR OUT TYERS.... COST ABOUT $500.00 A SIDE...
        IF THEY SAY YOU DONT. they need a better machine or are not the best people to be doing the job...

dont want to bag any tyres but.....MTZ are very soft and you will find the out side of the lugs round off... same as the coopers stt..

mtz and cooper have the same owners and once a tyres wears down a bit from them... the will be howling louder than the dog next door...but still look and work good in the bush
        hirock bar, 9500ti winch, 33" muddies, lift, and some lights.....STOLEN AND WRITEN OFF..

Comment

• Sonik
          CrawlerStar
          • Dec 2006

OKay... I'm gonna pretend I don't know what you're talking about when you say I'm gonna need off-set ball joints if I get a lift.

I don't see how a lift will impact the tyres that dramatically.

Also... I had a set of S/T's on my TJ. Loved them. Did the Oodnadatta track. Most people go through at least one spare - we made it up to Ayres Rock and back on the same 4 tyres we left on. I can put up with a little extra noise knowing that I can make a trip like that safely.

I'll be going to STT's or MTR's on the new RUBI.
          Black Unlimited Rubicon
          2.5" Lift, 33" Cooper STT's

Comment

• TassieMav
            Full Flexer
            • Dec 2006

I hope you don't live in Australia because 285/75R16's on the stock 16x7 Rim are Illegal and uninsurable in all states of Australia. You need at least a 8" rim to run 285/75's.

And I can't see the issue with the Ball Joints for a 2.5" Lift either if my understanding of the suspension is correct. There should probably be some adjustment of the Panhards (maybe), and the trailing arms (maybe) as the lift would push the axle back and the panhard will pull it accross, but for 2.5", I would think the stock set-up should take it!
            2007 JK CRD Unlimited
            4" Flexy Coil lift
            Armada Extreme Shocks
            Superlift Rockrunner LCA
            ARB Bar

Comment

Working...
            X