grrrrrrr. how daft can you be and still be breathing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k1w1chris
    Senior Newbie
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by GTiBren View Post
    BTW they also told me they cant adjust Castor on the JK ... is that true?
    My dealer told me they could and you know what the d****heads did ...
    they slotted out my lower control arms which I beleive made it worse...
    this is supposedly to bring the caster back to normal...???
    Last edited by k1w1chris; 14-10-2009, 09:27 PM. Reason: adding more info

Comment

• Derick
      Established Member
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by k1w1chris View Post
      Sorry Guys for my arrogants,but i have only had my Jk for few mths and have completed around 18,000 km so far.
      Have had car lifted with OME and should i expect a case of the
      DW'S ?
      sigpic

Comment

• k1w1chris
        Senior Newbie
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Derick View Post
        Sorry Guys for my arrogants,but i have only had my Jk for few mths and have completed around 18,000 km so far.
        DW'S ?
        gidday derek.
        hard to say if you too will experience this... mine started around 40000ks and before I fitted TJM suspension

Comment

• GTiBren
          CrawlerStar
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by wranglertj View Post
          part of th fix is a new dampner, hmm sounds more like a mask to me
          Rightly put wranglertj. The thing with the new stabiliser is that they have just done it up really tight so there is very little give. A monkey with one eye and half a brain can tell that this is just a cover up. As you rightly suggested wranglertj. There is no "give" in the steering at all. My LX Torana has better steering ATM

There is no "fix". There is however a recognised problem with the stabiliser and Jeep are willing to fix that. Jeep will not acknowledge that the stabiliser contributes to "severe shimmy" or "DW's". The dealer said that they may be related but in their case they have yet to seen one they replaced solve someones DW's
          Last edited by GTiBren; 15-10-2009, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• GTiBren
            CrawlerStar
            • Mar 2009

It's such a shame because you get the feeling it could be done if someone would just take responsibility for it and work it through, They guys at Adrian Brien Automotive are so small minded. I've already talked 2 guys out of buying a JK. and now even if I get this fixed I will never deal with Adrien Brien or ARB again. I buy a new car at least every 9 months for my business. a new 4wd every 2 years and have always put the OME suspension in it. Businesses complain there's no customer loyalty anymore - this is why!

Comment

• GTiBren
              CrawlerStar
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Derick View Post
              DW'S ?
              sorry to be picky but I think you mean ignorance not arrogants. But really, that's not even correct. the word you want is naivity. naivity is where yo just dont know any better or not informed. ignorance is where someone trys to tell you something but you refuse to listen to them or acknowledge them/their point of view. Well arrogants(sic) is like telling someone what words they should use in a sentence and assuming they should actually give a crap about what you have to say (lol)

out of interest. what shock have you got in the rear. there are 2 grades for the front and 3 for the rear.

Comment

• mischf
                Established Member
                • Jul 2007

Hi guys, in regard to the whole JK death wobble deal, I know you have new Jeeps so I won't talk to you about ball joints and tie rod ends etc, but as far as I understand the 4 link setup in the JKs is really no different to the setup in XJs/TJs, considering they run the same diff, and I'm wondering if you have the basic understanding of the relationship between the draglink and trackbar. Caster with a 4 link is easily adjusted by shimming the lower control arms....

Originally posted by k1w1chris View Post
                Yes, usually it does, about 1* per inch, if they know what they're doing. If you know any better why don't you work on your own Jeep?

Correct caster isn't going to make up for having the wrong angles on your prop shaft after you have lifted it.

Comment

• Yom
                  DetroitDemon
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by GTiBren View Post

out of interest. what shock have you got in the rear. there are 2 grades for the front and 3 for the rear.
                  You sure?

I've been told there isn't.

Comment

Working...
                  X