Bar build, with tyre carrier (well hopefully!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drover
    MonsterMoose
    • Apr 2005

Showed the missus, she was impressed, but she went cold when I said I would need a new MIG to do a really good job on the WG. Bugga.
    It's looking good and it is a frustrating thing to do, I always found work got in the way of a smooth project.
    2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
    Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• KiwiMark
      Established Member
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by drover View Post
      Showed the missus, she was impressed, but she went cold when I said I would need a new MIG to do a really good job on the WG. Bugga.
      It's looking good and it is a frustrating thing to do, I always found work got in the way of a smooth project.
      Mig??? Ohhhhh my kingdom for a mig. I've got a little rechargable battery powered portable mig using flux wire, which is primarily for taking on the trails should it be needed. Other than that its the cruddy arc. A mate is going to Mig the rest of it for me, I've done what Im capable of doing.

In the meantime its on with the slider fab!

Comment

• drover
        MonsterMoose
        • Apr 2005

Yep, yep, got the Arc and a gasless set up, was hoping your job would set me up for the okay to get a MIG, the $$ scare her. Just extended the shed and she was cracking up about the swearing,. I told her a MIG would make the air cleaner.

Can only try.
        2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)

Comment

• KiwiMark
          Established Member
          • Jul 2009

Sorry I couldnt help man..... saddens me when ya cant help a brother get some BS passed his mrs in order to get some gear for the shed.

Comment

• drover
            MonsterMoose
            • Apr 2005

After 30 odd years she's wise to me, but the MIG is looking better after she saw the holes I blew with the ARC and how I covered them up, she actually said 'You really need that MIG thing don't you ?? " " YES I said we finally have a break thru" but to her I said "That would be nice." My fingers are crossed, but the MIG is the cheap part wait till she see's the Steel prices..........aaarrgghh.
            2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)

Comment

• KiwiMark
              Established Member
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by drover View Post
              After 30 odd years she's wise to me, but the MIG is looking better after she saw the holes I blew with the ARC and how I covered them up, she actually said 'You really need that MIG thing don't you ?? " " YES I said we finally have a break thru" but to her I said "That would be nice." My fingers are crossed, but the MIG is the cheap part wait till she see's the Steel prices..........aaarrgghh.
              dude, after 30 years you should also be knowing that this Mig is gunna cost you a new washing machine and a weekend at the beauty spa....

As for steel prices, find and engineering workshop, approach the workshop manager (forget about going to the office first) with a box of XXXX or Fosters (or whatever you lot drink over there) and see what they have going spare, there's always something that can be made use of. While there see if they have a CnC machine, and suggest a bottle of scotch could be dropped off on a saturday for one of the apprentices thats needing some extra practice.

Comment

• drover
                MonsterMoose
                • Apr 2005

We do think along the same lines, I always shop around the back door, always a more enjoyable and sociable experience, since I drive a bloody big truck transport is never a problem.

Look forward to your finished product.
                2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)

Comment

• KiwiMark
                  Established Member
                  • Jul 2009

PROGRESS.....................

hmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                  X