• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDK
    Full Flexer
    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by SeaComms View Post
    Have a look at the Goodyear Duratracs in 285/70 17. Couldn't really tell the difference in road noise to stock tyres and a very aggressive AT. Goodyear also have thr 4 for 3 promo at the moment that now includes these. I have now done about 17000km on the and have used 1.5 - 2 mm of tread. Very impressed.

Sent from a tiny keyboard with fat fingers, apologies for my spelling. .
    Watched a YouTube video of a bloke in the US that got 50k miles from his. Seems to be a major difference in cheap tyres is the life expectency being significantly shorter. Still seems like the higher priced tyres get more km / $.

Fella parked next to me at the tip today with them on his car. Looked pretty decent.

Comment

• sladey
      AJOR Silver
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by MDK View Post
      Watched a YouTube video of a bloke in the US that got 50k miles from his. Seems to be a major difference in cheap tyres is the life expectency being significantly shorter. Still seems like the higher priced tyres get more km / $.

Fella parked next to me at the tip today with them on his car. Looked pretty decent.
      yea im at 30,000 so far on my nitto trail grapplers and they are still at 80% or more. you get what you pay for
      FACEBOOK
      http://on.fb.me/15xgeQe
      YOUTUBE
      http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5

Comment

• MDK
        Full Flexer
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by sladey View Post
        yea im at 30,000 so far on my nitto trail grapplers and they are still at 80% or more. you get what you pay for
        That's what I'm thinking. For everyday tyres the choice of $250 cheapies vs $400 name brands the name brands seem to win with a likely double Km. But if getting cheapies at a killer deal $170 maybe they are a good buy.

If running 2 sets of tyres then the cheapies are probably worth a look as well for their limited use.

Speaking of Nitto their Dune Grapplers look like a good bit of kit for road and sand use.

Comment

• FNQJKU
          I just registered
          • Apr 2013

Lift and Tyres of your JK

Originally posted by sladey View Post
          I am looking at the Trail Grapplers, do you find much road noise compared with the stock Good Years? Are road manners in the wet acceptable?

Comment

• sladey
            AJOR Silver
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by FNQJKU View Post
            I am looking at the Trail Grapplers, do you find much road noise compared with the stock Good Years? Are road manners in the wet acceptable?
            they are hands down the best tyre I have ever had. a quick run down on the trail grapplers. mine are 315 70 17 (35x12.5 aprox.)

The quietest i have ever had, barely audible, you can "feel" the tyres when crawling on pavement less than 5kmh like any muddies do but other than that you would think they were AT's

strong as all hell sidewall, to the point of having them barely sag out even at 12psi

hooks up on rocks like you would expect a mud tyre too, on par or better hook up than mtr's or mikey t's

in the mud great also, kind of slippery on wet rock but few aren't. middle of the road on the black stuff, closer to how an AT feels than a muddy

great compound, long life, the same as one of the other tyres popular in the states, the toyo open country M/T (parent company)

the take some to balance though and weigh a fair wack, one of them more than 500g to ballance. a happy trade off considering I have them rotated and balanced semi-regularly anyway.

many tyre and wheel packages available with these tyres on ebay...
            FACEBOOK
            http://on.fb.me/15xgeQe
            YOUTUBE
            http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5

Comment

• Green Goblin
              Lowranger Shocker
              • Feb 2012

New wheels on AEV savergre
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              2013 commando green JKU