• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cornelius
    CrawlerStar
    • Jun 2011

Mate

Those headlights of yours looks interesting , I still ahve the standard crap in mine. Any idea what yours is ? Any idea if they light up better than the stock candle lights ? Even with upgraded bulbs my stock ones are pretty weak ......

Comment

• skwake
      CrawlerStar
      • Jun 2010

Yeah the headlight have the HID conversion. Was on there when i bought it. It takes up a bit of room in the engine bay with external ballasts etc but they are friggen bright. Not exactly legal im guessing also. I feel bad at night cos even the low beams are so bright.

Comment

• Cornelius
        CrawlerStar
        • Jun 2011

Cheers

Maybe I should stay away from the e-bay seller who sells HID upgrade lights ......but at just over $200 it is tempting ......

Comment

• skwake
          CrawlerStar
          • Jun 2010

if I were you I'd go for the 55W 4inch HID spotties. There are thousands on there. I just bought another paid for the mate thats helping me with my Gears and lockers and they were $159 with free postage, got to my door in a week! And they are stupidly bright!

Comment

• skwake
            CrawlerStar
            • Jun 2010

So I just spent the day working on the jeep. Installed the drivers side rock slider, had to take a small nick out of it to allow the snorkel bolt to go through but all in all they are pretty sweet. Also took it for a spin after fitting the new power steering box and pump. It has a dead spot in the steering, wandering on the road and wont return to center. So some tweaking might be necessary.

Comment

• skwake
              CrawlerStar
              • Jun 2010

Well the steering box is getting swapped for a different one, hopefully it fixes it! Spent the rest of the day putting together my front diff gears and locker, was pretty fun and basically learning as I go. Good times.

It helps having access to a well equipped workshop

oh and that pinion assembly isnt exactly lined up correctly haha, I was just trying to sort out my workspace a bit, Had old bearings and crap kicking around

Comment

• Bumper
                • Oct 2007

Ok, Dumb question! Why do you have windshield lights? Why would you want to light your windshield?
                Kind Regards,

Kerri

It's a Jeep thing? Now I understand!

Comment

• skwake
                  CrawlerStar
                  • Jun 2010

Cos they are bolted onto my windshield brackets lol

Comment

Working...
                  X