X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bodgie
    Rock Munki
    • Aug 2009

I've been running a Megapulse on my vehicles for the last 6 years with good results. I've had double the life out of batteries running this device.

The previous owner of my GC said it chewed through batteries in 18 months so far 2.5 years later all is well.

Battery Recovery, Battery Rejuvination

Jason

Comment

• drover
      MonsterMoose
      • Apr 2005

I have a SuperCharge MF88 ??? hasn't missed a beat 3 yrs old
      2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
      Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• fester
        No Winching
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by hdtpluspack View Post
        I have located the technical service bulletin which describes what to do to clear the codes on CRD engined Jeep and have spoken to a local mob who work on Mercs etc so he seems to think his ECM acces software might be able to interrogate my car seeing as the engine and trans are Merc.
        Al
        Do tell about the bulletin as I have never heard or read anywhere that there is a manual process to clear the codes on a WG. Also don't hold your breath with the Merc option, we do not have the same ECU. All my reading went to ziltch in finding a cost effective means of interogating the WG CRD outside the dealer tool and an aftermarket tool that is still worth over $2000.
        I got a sweater for Chrissy, nothing wrong with that except I was hoping for a moaner or a screamer.

Comment

• hdtpluspack
          • Feb 2011

The MIL indictation remedy

Gents,
          I went out early this morning and started the old girl up and guess what, the issue is GONE!!!!!!!.

It was the battery. The entire car is operating better than it has for a long while also. The transmission seems to shift better, the AC is working correctly and no MIL.

With regards to the technical bulletin put this into your browser and it will take you to the TSB concerning the problem I had and what the clearance of codes takes.

Cheers again for showing an interest in my Jeeps problem and hopefully there has been a learning for a few us less knowledgeable owners of these great vehicles.

Regards
          Al

Comment

• drover
            MonsterMoose
            • Apr 2005

Just as we said, check out the battery before panic stations, surprising the Dealer didn't pick it up.
            2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
            Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• fester
              No Winching
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by hdtpluspack View Post
              With regards to the technical bulletin put this into your browser and it will take you to the TSB concerning the problem I had and what the clearance of codes takes.
              Al
              Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you found a manual process to erace the codes. I didn't realise we were talking about the dealer tool and process.

Glad you have a positive outcome without having to resort to the dealer.
              I got a sweater for Chrissy, nothing wrong with that except I was hoping for a moaner or a screamer.

Comment

• hdtpluspack
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by drover View Post
                Just as we said, check out the battery before panic stations, surprising the Dealer didn't pick it up.
                In regards to the Dealer, I have never taken my car to a Dealer thus far. I prefer to work through issues myself until I can go no further and touch wood, this point has not been reached.

This is where forum such as this are excellent. I have a somewhat skewed opinion of Dealers and mechanics. Dealers are generally thieves and mechanics are like Doctors, there are only a few good ones around that really know what they are on about and who are not out to rip off the novices and other less knowledgable car owners.

Comment

• hdtpluspack
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by fester View Post
                  Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you found a manual process to erace the codes. I didn't realise we were talking about the dealer tool and process.

Glad you have a positive outcome without having to resort to the dealer.
                  No worries. The TSB is good though to ensure whoever is going to attempt to clear any onerous DTC's causing or resulting for this particular problem knows how to go about locating and clearing them without wasting your time and money and quoting you to replace the gearbox or any other expensive components as seems to be the case for some of the guys participating in the forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X