X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bjm
    Lowranger Shocker
    • Jun 2009

There also gremlins that we can not fix! Including the W58 crank sensor failure.! Jeep only software update,retiming the motor through the cam sensor! As I said before who is going to pay for a flatbed from say longreach to Townsville Jeep etcfor the FOC fix!The ongoing fuel pump relay debacle ,new TIPMs meant to be available last year! Yes I know most guys here do there own servicing but hey,what about these asshole dealers who still putting in 5w30 ! I have been looking at updating,three out of the ten WKs diesels looked at had 5w30 used on the current invoices! Jeep dealers stating sealed for life ZF 8 speeds,yet ZF states
    70000- 80000k changes.,old mate then tows around Qld 3.5 tons of van and wonders why auto goes into limp mode! We are lucky on this forum there are plenty of smart people who can diagnose and offer help re problems!There are also many punters driving WKs who trust dealers and local mechanics for servicing ,what quality of service they get is questionable?
    Last edited by bjm; 11-06-2023, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• drover
      MonsterMoose
      • Apr 2005

Nothing to do with engine fail but a mate just sent me this pic, he came across this Jeep waiting for a tow truck a day ago in SA, he's a long way from Adelaide, looks like an aftermarket lower arm snapped off at the ball joint. poor bugga...... so many things can go its always been pot luck.........

2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
      Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• FARWEST
        No Winching
        • Aug 2022

Thats a freak fail mate...'unlucky' doesnt sum that up
        WK2 MY13 CRD LIMITED

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Comment

• LeCheese
          Full Flexer
          • Dec 2011

Yeah the bloke posted on the Facebook group - wasn't an aftermarket arm - just a bit of bad luck.
          2015 GC Limited Diesel w/ QL and ORA pack
          Chief recovery points, 22" Stedi lightbar, Catch Can

sigpic

Comment

• FARWEST
            No Winching
            • Aug 2022

Originally posted by Classic Boy View Post
            I think that many recent CRD engines are small cubic capacity and they now are outputting power levels that were unheard of 20 years ago from larger capacity engines and that means these engines are fairly highly tuned with big turbos & inter coolers.
            A diesel engine is around 30% thermally efficient, so to make 100hp of power at the crank the combustion chamber has to burn 300hp of fuel and the extra waste heat goes into the cooling system and out the exhaust.
            I just think manufacturers are making highly strung engines that if run at high power levels just have too much waste heat.
            Interesting there is a lot of beard stroking and campfire wisdom of the merits of deleting the EGR gases but doing so would likely raise combustion temps as more oxygen is allowed in than the manufacturer planned at cruising power levels.
            Thanks for that mate....in agreeance with the EGR, and/or,DPF delete ...the info I've seen from 'trusted' sources...ie: Diesel experts...all state that action increases the exhaust temps. to extreme highs without relief....I'll go with their findings....when I add that to the reasoning behind your first post it all makes sense...to me....totally agree that small capacity engines, be they diesel or petrol, are all making unheard of HP via the intake systems...injected/blown/turboed....all make MORE heat...hotter wears out faster than cooler....there HAS to be a cooling element involved when HP is chased.
            Again...thanks mate....really appreciate your willingness to pass on your knowledge....can never have enough of that.
            WK2 MY13 CRD LIMITED

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Comment

• drover
              MonsterMoose
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by LeCheese View Post
              Yeah the bloke posted on the Facebook group - wasn't an aftermarket arm - just a bit of bad luck.
              Yep thats the one all right, I didn't mention where mate said it was a clean break, I thought it was an aftermarket as it didn't look black and bulky like mine.......... one of those non brand specific probs, luckily he could get a towie, Ive been part of a group where we had to get similar about 10 kms to a road, took us all day to achieve it, thankfully old style truck so we could do the old log skid trick, wouldn't work very well on these sort of vehicles...... 4 trucks hooked together to get it up some hills......
              2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
              Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• LeCheese
                Full Flexer
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by drover View Post
                Yep thats the one all right, I didn't mention where mate said it was a clean break, I thought it was an aftermarket as it didn't look black and bulky like mine.......... one of those non brand specific probs, luckily he could get a towie, Ive been part of a group where we had to get similar about 10 kms to a road, took us all day to achieve it, thankfully old style truck so we could do the old log skid trick, wouldn't work very well on these sort of vehicles...... 4 trucks hooked together to get it up some hills......
                I think the difference in colour it that they switched to an all-alloy construction for the arms at some point. I remember reading something to that effect anyway
                2015 GC Limited Diesel w/ QL and ORA pack
                Chief recovery points, 22" Stedi lightbar, Catch Can

sigpic

Comment

• timsarg
                  Full Flexer
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by emac View Post
                  arsetralia, he had been used to having servants (oh by the way my spelling of australia reflects my feelings about this place)
                  where are you from then ? I normally wouldn't use this line considering where my wife is from but if you don't like australia you know what you can do can't you ?

Comment

Working...
                  X