Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adamt
    • Aug 2012

Where you towing anything jono1967? if so how did you go getting around Indian head?

Cheers
    2012 Grand Cherokee Jet Edition
    Mopar skid plates
    Mopar rock rails
    Mopar tow bar
    sigpic

Comment

• jono1967
      Full Flexer
      • May 2011

Was towing a Camerons Camper you cant drive around Indian Head so took the inland track with no dramas at all
      Tyres down to 20psi car performed really well
      Only spot we had drama was heading down to the barge getting off the island near Inskip accidentally left it in 2wd after getting coffee at Eurong and sunk down on a soft piece of sand no more than a KM from the barge she sank down and stuck fast.
      Then things went arse up. I managed to use the treads to get the car unstuck in reverse but jack knife the trailer. We removed the trailer car managed to get stuck again and no amount of digging would get her out
      Finally someone stop and gave us a lite snatch out we hook the trailer back up and we drove on to the barge with no drama at all.
      The amount of people that drove past us stop looked at my wife and myself digging furiously take photos then continue on their merry way was amazing.
      Some people really are just oxygen thieves.

Comment

• jono1967
        Full Flexer
        • May 2011

Apart from that incedent the JK towed the camper the whole entire lenghth of the island through soft sand and hard with no real drama at all temps stayed well down car performed really well.
        Just the idiot driving was the problem

Comment

Working...
        X