• Show
Clear All
  • Gecko1949
    Senior Newbie
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Benn0 View Post
    Fix is out for the noisy rear shocks:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_1700214.pdf
    Thanks Benn0. Had mine into the dealer for the brake booster recall today and went armed with the tech bulletin for the shocks fix. Parts ordered today so lets hope they come from Melbourne and not USA. Will keep you all posted.
    sigpicGecko1949

Comment

• Wanderer
      Full Flexer
      • Apr 2008

Me too, was at the dealers today and they didn't know about the TSB so I showed them a copy. Very surprised they were,,They immediately contacted FC and came back and told me they checked my VIN and mine is one so they'd ordered the new mounts..Be sometime as none in Australia yet..Also told me that they now have a TSB about grease leaking on the drive shaft..Didn't say where but they have ordered the parts for that as well..Funny how we get to know from forums before the dealers..Good work.

Did some searching and this seems to be what it's about..There are a number of reports on several US forums about this leak this is one from JeepGarage

Apparently there are a few reported failures with front shaft seals and or CV joint boots. First sign is a lot of grease inside the front wheels and around the shaft and front suspension. Build dates around Feb/March 2014 look like the most affected. Hopefully not too many, and ours looks fine, but please check and make sure as a failure could have major consequences!
      This is probably needs another thread:

Edit: Found the TSB: Front Half Shaft Boot Clamp Loose. This bulletin involves replacing both front half shafts. This bulletin applies to vehicles built between March 2, 2014 and April 21, 2014

Started a new thread as this is important for others. http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=134120
      Last edited by Wanderer; 05-07-2014, 10:57 AM.
      My WK2 Trailhawk, Laredo & Commander

sigpic

Comment

• Benn0
        RubiconSlammer
        • Feb 2013

Yep, initially Jeep Oz claimed this didn't affect export models, but at least one member over in jeep garage has been affected.
        MY14 GC LTD CRD-ORA2/QL|Mopar 18" Night Fever Rims&RockRails|Chief Hooks&Sump Plate|STMaxx 275/65R18

Comment

• Wanderer
          Full Flexer
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Benn0 View Post
          Yep, initially Jeep Oz claimed this didn't affect export models, but at least one member over in jeep garage has been affected.
          And a few more and Aussies as well: http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/loose...-gc-76792.html..One noticed it at 3,000km
          Last edited by Wanderer; 05-07-2014, 11:40 AM.
          My WK2 Trailhawk, Laredo & Commander

sigpic

Comment

• jjgc
            Established Member
            • Jan 2012

Here is the third story from Fridays Herald Sun Cars Guide Melbourne
            It was good to have them cover the issue and keep on it.
            Now we are waiting for parts
            Attached Files
            Jeep WK2 My12 Laredo diesel Mineral Grey. Jayco sterling 21 65 3

Comment

• rack201
              Senior Newbie
              • Jan 2014

Ok, so if I'm considering the ARB lift kit, is this something I should get done first? Or will the kit replace this component anyway?

Anyone know?

Cheers

Comment

• jjgc
                Established Member
                • Jan 2012

Another article on the shocker fix in to days 18/7/14 Herald Sun Cars Guide Melbourne
                Attached Files
                Jeep WK2 My12 Laredo diesel Mineral Grey. Jayco sterling 21 65 3

Comment

• Gecko1949
                  Senior Newbie
                  • Jan 2012

Parts for shock fix were ordered 4/7/14 by dealer. Just rang to see what was happening. Short answer - not a lot. Apparently they do have to come from the US of A and there are none in Aust as yet. Here we go again. Takes me a week to get an item from the States on ebay but obviously JEEP have a "more efficient" method of delivery. Again we wait.
                  sigpicGecko1949

Comment

Working...
                  X