• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wanderer
    Full Flexer
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Gecko1949 View Post
    Parts for shock fix were ordered 4/7/14 by dealer. Just rang to see what was happening. Short answer - not a lot. Apparently they do have to come from the US of A and there are none in Aust as yet. Here we go again. Takes me a week to get an item from the States on ebay but obviously JEEP have a "more efficient" method of delivery. Again we wait.
    You've nailed it..The slow Jeep boat from the US & the price seems to double as it croses the International Date Line..I'm on back order as well and also the new front half drive shafts due to grease/oil leaks caused by faulty clamps and are subject to a TSB....I heard there are about 60,000 WK2s with this fault so one would think this would be a safety recall because there are reports in the US that grease has sprayed onto the disc rotors seriously affecting braking...I asked about it at my Jeep dealer but information wasn't readily given until I pressed the point..I was told that TSBs are not recalls and are not for general public and are only for their technical staff..Seems to be the norm..Keep quiet about it untill someone complains.
    My WK2 Trailhawk, Laredo & Commander

sigpic

Comment

• Gecko1949
      Senior Newbie
      • Jan 2012

Don't suppose anyone has heard anything about the shock parts eta??????
      sigpicGecko1949

Comment

• Wanderer
        Full Flexer
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Gecko1949 View Post
        Don't suppose anyone has heard anything about the shock parts eta??????
        Yep..last Tuesday I asked about it at the deakership where I bought my WK2 when I ws getting the new Front Half Shafts installed & the answer was: "None in Australia yet and no idea when"...Guess it's the slow boat from the US again...I"m having trouble with the passenger airbag squib.."Service Airbag System" message comes and goes and sometimes stays..None in Australia and being explosive (aka dangerous goods) can't be sent via air.....Hmmmm...what can I say??
        Last edited by Wanderer; 19-08-2014, 08:43 PM.

sigpic

Comment

• yoda42
          Full Flexer
          • Sep 2011

Yer ours goes in Wednesday for brake booster recall check, rear shocks and some other minor stuff before warranty runs out end of month, and was told no parts for shocks in Aus and no idea when they'll arrive

2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo, Uneek4x4 bullbar, Murchison Products Suspension Lift
          sigpic2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo CRD, Aussieswag Rover LX Camper,http://travelswithbeagles.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Hutch
            Blackhawk
            • Jun 2005

Yoda interested to know their take on the rear shocks given u have aftermarket springs.

Hutch- Jeep GC blackhawk 2014.
            Hutch-Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk 2014

Comment

• yoda42
              Full Flexer
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Hutch View Post
              Yoda interested to know their take on the rear shocks given u have aftermarket springs.

Have already had rear shocks replace once before since having the lift, they didn't even mention it, so we'll see what happens this time

2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo, Uneek4x4 bullbar, Murchison Products Suspension Lift
              sigpic2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo CRD, Aussieswag Rover LX Camper,http://travelswithbeagles.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Hutch
                Blackhawk
                • Jun 2005

That is good to know.

Hutch-Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk 2014

Comment

• Wanderer
                  Full Flexer
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by yoda42 View Post
                  Have already had rear shocks replace once before since having the lift, they didn't even mention it, so we'll see what happens this time

I asked that and said was told no worries, the problem was there before the lift and not caused by it..I have Coil-Rite airbags on mine and since putting them on I haven't had the low speed "Chuckle" knocking..Something to do with the 8 PSI minimum pressure I think.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X