X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rodgebone
    AJOR Gold
    • May 2006

lol Jimmy - he is going up 2 more inches!
    there's Only One

Comment

• optical
      Full Flexer
      • Dec 2004

cant hurt to add them - need my bumpstops put in - rodge did my brakelines today
      6" XJ, 33's with all the fruit - long gone
      '01 classic - not stock for long!

Comment

• Jimmyb
        Head Honcho
        • Jul 2002

Not without dropping the back of those control arms, RE make a drop bracket so that it wont be as steep, I ran that on the original red XJ until I went longarms. You will find you will cure 2 things with the drop mount, jerky steer and also you will gain flex back.

Last edited by Jimmyb; 11-03-2007, 10:41 PM.

Help support the forum

Comment

• Rodgebone
          AJOR Gold
          • May 2006

i reckon he just needs longer arms with welded brackets or a trans bracket infusion....6.5 is a long way to go
          there's Only One

Comment

• Jimmyb
            Head Honcho
            • Jul 2002

The prob you will have with longer arms on the stock mount is that with doing the uppers it will roll the diff as well as push it forward, so front pinion angle will be stuffed.

if he is going 6.5" trust me on this one guys. I ran 8.5" for a long time and did a LOT of tuning!

I would invest the money in the RE drop brackets before I spent it on the shocks!!

Mind you I could be wrong here, in that he wants the vehicle to be high and have no flex and drive like a horny goat?

Help support the forum

Comment

• Steve F
              So play on just play on
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by optical
              cant hurt to add them - need my bumpstops put in - rodge did my brakelines today
              If you raise the lower shock mounts with those LT OME shocks you'll probably find they dont compress enough anymore. Just double check, I found they bottom out pretty early on and are not the limiting factor in the amout of droop you will get but will limit up travel with a raise lower mount.

Seriously, short arms with 6.5" is going to be one hell of a rough ride, those arms will be at quite an angle and the force of bumps in the road will try and push he arms backwards rather than up, the shock of the hit will be transfered along the arm. Drop brackets or long arms (as Jimmy said) is really the only way to go.

Cheers
              Steve
              Over 5'000 Club

Comment

• optical
                Full Flexer
                • Dec 2004

yeh the plan is to add adj UCA's and eventually get those RE droppers. Ive done a bit of playing around with the angle of the LCA's once i add another two inch and it looks like it will be fine

for the sake of half an inch, the front is gonna be 6" and the rear 6.5"

what are the drop brackets worth just out of interest ? havent looked that hard into them yet
                6" XJ, 33's with all the fruit - long gone
                '01 classic - not stock for long!

Comment

• Steve F
                  So play on just play on
                  • Dec 2002

Drop brackets would be around $500 judging by the USD price.

Cheers
                  Steve
                  Over 5'000 Club

Comment

Working...
                  X