• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bags
    I just registered
    • Jul 2011

Bags

Looks great and allows the winch to be used front and back. Where can I get one and how much would it cost . Does it require an engineers certification.

Comment

• multihull
      Full Flexer
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bags View Post
      Looks great and allows the winch to be used front and back. Where can I get one and how much would it cost . Does it require an engineers certification.
      This is a one off build but news for every Commander owner is I'm now considering getting them production made if there was enough interest. The cost would be approximately $2600 made in polished alloy. The winch and carrier would be an extra $600. They would be
      ADR compliant too. What do you think about the idea?
      Last edited by multihull; 23-08-2012, 07:42 AM.
      Enjoy life, just get out there and do it!

Comment

• Maxfli113
        • Mar 2012

You can put me down for one, don''t need winch though. Just let me know when this project gets off the ground and when you want the money....
        Take my advice ..... I'm not using it

Comment

• multihull
          Full Flexer
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Maxfli113 View Post
          You can put me down for one, don''t need winch though. Just let me know when this project gets off the ground and when you want the money....
          I will need a minimum of 5 orders with a non refundable deposit before I can proceed. I would prefer if there were 10 orders as a show of strength and to prove to the manufacturer it would be worth his while tooling up for a decent run. I would be laying my dollars on the line to get it started.
          So what we need to do is spread the word to all Commander owners so we can get this off the ground.

Maybe I should send out a specification of what's on the bar with a few pics.
          Any thoughts, any other takers?

Once I have 5 persons interested I will fine tune the package with those involved before we go to the deposit and money stage.

Comment

• YankeeDave
            Lowranger Shocker
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by multihull View Post
            I will need a minimum of 5 orders with a non refundable deposit before I can proceed. I would prefer if there were 10 orders as a show of strength and to prove to the manufacturer it would be worth his while tooling up for a decent run. I would be laying my dollars on the line to get it started.
            So what we need to do is spread the word to all Commander owners so we can get this off the ground.

Maybe I should send out a specification of what's on the bar with a few pics.
            Any thoughts, any other takers?

Once I have 5 persons interested I will fine tune the package with those involved before we go to the deposit and money stage.
            Great looking bar, good luck with the sales

Comment

• Bomber
              Jeepin' is incurable....
              • Aug 2004

Count me out now I'm afraid.... Expect to offload Commander early in the new year for a WK2 so I'm not adding a bar after waiting this long for one.
              WK2 2013 Trailhawk
              VJ2 4-63 1948 Jeepster
              MJOC

Comment

• multihull
                Full Flexer
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Count me out now I'm afraid.... Expect to offload Commander early in the new year for a WK2 so I'm not adding a bar after waiting this long for one.
                The WK2 is a great vehicle and I too would consider changing but they haven't put an electronic QDII LSD in the front only the back. This means I'd have to put an after market locker in so I will just wait and see. maybe after the Commander I'll go to an electric hybrid 4x4. Yep they're coming and think of how much torque they'll have.

Comment

• KKnut
                  AJOR Silver
                  • Oct 2011

Great looking bar, hope you get enough takers. Nice clean appearance and nothing unnecessary.

Btw I agree with your remarks regarding hybrid drive trains in the future. Probably wouldn't even need low range gearing with electric drive and the vehicle could also be used like a genset for power at the campsite or job site?
                  sigpic2010 KK Sport, LPG, Mygig, Uconnect, JBA UCAs, 3" CRDstu lift & Uneek bull bar.

Comment

Working...
                  X