• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandjones
    I just registered
    • Apr 2014

2014 GC CRD Noise

Originally posted by MattG View Post
    Here is a short clip of the noise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RshGp2iqik4
    The video you posted MattG is exactly the same noise I am getting from the back of my Jeep. I have however had 5 sets of rear shockers and one set of shocker mounts installed and the noise remains. This leads me to think it is something else. Did you ever resolve this in your jeep. Thanks

Comment

• sandjones
      I just registered
      • Apr 2014

Shocker noise

Originally posted by silverfox1111 View Post
      Thanks ozjeepster
      That spacer must of been installed by dobinsons when my lift was done.
      As i stated, i couldn't see any signs of the shock shaft touching anything that it shouldn't.
      As an experiment, i made 2 gaskets out of 3mm insertion rubber & put them above & below the spacer ( between spacer & body & between spacer & shock mount) on one side of the jeep to see if that would help with the noise. It seems to have worked, even the wife could pick what side was less noisy. I'll do the other side now & keep an eye on them to see how it lasts.
      Thanks
      Silverfox
      Hi Ozjeepster
      Just wondering if the gaskets have solved your problem ongoing. I've had 5 sets of shockers and one set of mounts and still have the problem knocking. Thanks

Comment

• MattG
        CrawlerStar
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by sandjones View Post
        The video you posted MattG is exactly the same noise I am getting from the back of my Jeep. I have however had 5 sets of rear shockers and one set of shocker mounts installed and the noise remains. This leads me to think it is something else. Did you ever resolve this in your jeep. Thanks
        Hi mate, yes that rattle noise was resolved by the mount replacement.

I still unfortunately have an intermittent clunk in the back that I can't get to the bottom of, possibly the spare tyre...

Comment

• sandjones
          I just registered
          • Apr 2014

Wk2 Rear noise

Thanks for your response Matt.
          I have just been told by Jeep that what I have is "acceptable noise". Depends whose being bugged by it I suppose. Anyway my Jeep days are over. Just too many faults to list here.

Comment

• desertman
            Established Member
            • Feb 2016

Originally posted by scarps View Post
            Hi all, I've watched this item with interest and to date have not been affected. (No knocking noise) I've read through the posts and can say that my new Laredo CRD (no Quadralift) doesn't have this problem at the moment, but my build date was 28th January. Question is: is this a pre January build issue or are there other people with recent deliveries that now have the knocking noise?

I am affected by the no receovery hooks issue, but have been given the end of May by my dealer as 'it should be fixed'. Needless to say, as per my posts on that forum, if I get to the 1st June and have not received and appropriate outcome on the recovery hook item, I am planning on escalating through the Fair Trading and Legal channels.
            Scarps,

I've tried to find more info on the o recovery hooks issue but for the life of me.......

Is the issue that there are no front tow hooks fitted and there should be?

To the best of my knowledge, I don't have any front tow hooks - should I have?

Cheers,

DM

Comment

• LeCheese
              Full Flexer
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by desertman View Post
              Scarps,

I've tried to find more info on the o recovery hooks issue but for the life of me.......

Is the issue that there are no front tow hooks fitted and there should be?

To the best of my knowledge, I don't have any front tow hooks - should I have?

Cheers,

DM
              You should not have any no. There is a screw in eyelet that can be used for pulling onto flatbeds and such but no rated recovery hooks at the front.
              2015 GC Limited Diesel w/ QL and ORA pack
              Chief recovery points, 22" Stedi lightbar, Catch Can

sigpic

Comment

• vision
                I just registered
                • Jun 2014

I see this is an old thread but hopefully it is still the correct way to ask a question on this issue? I have a 2014 WK2 and have had the rear shock mounts replaced and it fixed the problem, but the noise came back late last year. The dealer then did the latest fix which was the mount and the shock absorber but unfortunatly it is back worse than ever. Is there an after market fix as I can't stand it??

Comment

Working...
                X