X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Numb Thumbs
    Full Flexer
    • Jan 2013

That is a worry... What happens to those of us who have it installed, I wonder???

Cheers
    Numb Thumbs
    sigpic2017 Grand Cherokee Limited with Off-road Pack - Quadra-Lift, Quadra-Drive and Bash Plates.

Comment

• SeaComms
      MonsterMoose
      • Jun 2010

Damn! Glad I didn't fork out the 200 clams... I did try for a while to get it free as a good will gesture toward the 2.5 years the nav system didn't work properly, but of course, no.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
      Cheers, Dave :)

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Comment

• Mousie
        CrawlerStar
        • Jul 2016

Hi Folks, for models up to 16.13.13 software, its become easier to activate maps and then move towards insertion of current iGO maps. A lot of work undertaken by a few however I've returned to those computing forums to take my MY13 (8 Speed) on that journey and its become very easy to activate the navigation system if you don't have it. Issue I have and others will have is one must upload the license files from Australian Map update CD's (not firmware) by Year so because I don't have access to a MY13 Map disk to copy the files, I just placed some overseas licence files (*.lyc) map files from and its great on if I select a brazil address! Stage two is another set of modifications to allow direct upload of iGO current Australian map files. You can buy IGO Australia with license files for sub $30 dollars. I'n not worried about brazil as I will now move to the iGO files as navigation is activated.

So any person sitting on a used Australian MAP update MY** is still valuable to anyone doing the basic to enable their Laredo's

I do have one issue in that I need to use IDA Pro to modify a file vs using another person's file so I am 100 percent sure of what the changes are. Is there anybody who has knowledge of this decompiler and functions I can share privately for assistance. If I have success in this single issue I have, I would be in position to provide a complete tutorial for all (I'm a very cautious programmer so any tute I do has to be fool proof for success).

In summary what people are doing: (Non Navigation Laredo, activated already, move to second phase)

USB run the modified 14.05.3 software file which sets the password for direct access, turns on wifi so you can gain access and then transfers to the USB to execute copy and paste commands as the way of downloading and uploading. (this process is only a few minutes each time as you are not actually uploading 14.05.3 just gaining access.

For map activation, used above and copy the productid file from device to USB. Notepad++ (even just notepad) change the two line file from VP3 to VP4 (3 becomes 4) then run the update disk again with paste new productid file. remove usb and navitation is activated. That's it. Obviously Australian Map update CD's will have the license files that need to be pasted in (either update method just explained or by wifi below). Great if you want our aged 2012 maps.

Access in this case is in update mode and later when system is running you wifi in on Normal mode to surf for files via IP 192.168.6.1

So please delete if against rules however this is the process and the work of a WA chap et al has resulted in the publication of above processes. This chap has all his work published so others are following. Now this is where novices get into trouble for example you can just take all the published work and apply it to your australian 16.13.13 and a nights work. however my is an MY13 Revision B and a lot of us are MY14+ Revision A so why would one take the chance? Better to understand what you are doing and then use your specific copy paste files, checking our work against the published austrlian work so you do the job correctly.

The non nav units have less memory but more than sufficient for australian/NZ maps. This is the status with our cars which moved to a lot easier around mid 2018. Side issue you can turn off and on a lot of kit for SRT, Cargo Cam, change Bar to Psi etc. However, some are easy and others, well unless you are serious at basic linux and have ability to decompile code and modify back then its not going to happen. I turned on the SRT and offroad apps, cool stuff but in reality I just wanted current maps.

I trust this will give all the status on what www people are doing to put some life into our older units. If you pass 16.13.13 then you cannot go back as a separate forum is trying to work a way as per above. Also, downside if you upgrade the firmware it wipes all back to factory and start again. Somehow, we would just update our maps locally from here onwards as those benefits outweigh the MY13-16 units.

If any member has IDA pro experience I woudl love to ask a question or two. If not no worries as I will solve that. Once I confirm my work with iGO current maps on my Laredo. Happy to share as well somewhere on the net.
        Last edited by Mousie; 16-07-2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Barboots
          CrawlerStar
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
          Hi Folks, for models up to 16.13.13 software, its become easier to activate maps and then move towards insertion of current iGO maps. A lot of work undertaken by a few however I've returned to those computing forums to take my MY13 (8 Speed) on that journey and its become very easy to activate the navigation system if you don't have it.
          Do you have a step by step video, and can you email me the files?

I'm joking right. [emoji6]

I'm extremely impressed to read that there's some light regarding the ancient map data.

Comment

• Numb Thumbs
            Full Flexer
            • Jan 2013

I have the latest update for the maps but don't hold your breath for an "improvement"...

My house was built in 1888 - yes, 1888 - and the address is NOT in the database!

Cheers
            Numb Thumbs
            sigpic2017 Grand Cherokee Limited with Off-road Pack - Quadra-Lift, Quadra-Drive and Bash Plates.

Comment

• Mousie
              CrawlerStar
              • Jul 2016

Well its become easy and I just need to buy and old android phone and buy the current maps. root the mobile for access to maps and license and upload and finished.

So for Laredo's MY13-15 using software 14.25.5 up to 16.13.xx you just download Leighm0's 14.05.03 patch software as posted on xda developers forum depending on your year.

Run it to copy 'productid' and then run again to upload changing one number. This will activate the NaviServer and then its just a matter of copying *.Lyc (licence file/s) to the licence area using the same process. (Presto, old Jeep maps!) Program required (Notepad) A laptop ready and in car this whole process is about 6minutes max.

Next stage is to download Leighm0's patch 'NaviServer2' and following instructions, in same manner modify Nav.sh and and a second file with placement of a single '2' in each file and upload as per above. You are also uploading another NaviServer in another location so the two files your changed are pointing to NaviServer2 NaviServer2 will accept any license files. Again you can do this will notepad but I perfer Notepad++ as a freeware download. Another 20min max.

So for all who have 'map update' files, if you download Daemon tools lite (freeware) and mount the swdl.iso file you then click through the folders \usr\share\NAV\NNG\license and their they are. Laredo drivers will be hanging around you for beers to get these to load on their Laredo's as their maps are already there. The are not licensed to you just the year of vehicle.

Do what does a product id look like: 'VP4_RW_MY13_REVB_N_N_N' This is mine and I changed from 3 to 4. If you want to return to original, you will need to change the 4 back to 3 so the firmware or map iso is the same. So this is what you are extracting to a USB, changing it 3 to 4, save then next run from USB to system. Thats it. Obviously the upload and download, copy etc is done by a simple file called a script. They are all posted on xda forums.

They are only selling you the world maps I from surfing around the uConnect files in the navigation section so thats why you don't get the full garmin / navman experience.

Should anyone around Warner Northside Brisbane have an old factory reset Android (Galaxy s3) I could loan to buy the maps it would be appreciated?

There is nothing hard about getting to this point and I can confirm that NaviServer2 will work on all models from 14.25.5 up to 16.13.13 because I have been testing it.

If you have Limited and above you just skip part one an add three files so on startup the unit is using NaviServer2 and your maps still work as the licences are there already. That pretty easy preparation now.

Stage 3: I need to source an old android phone and buy the IGO Navigation for Austrlia. Then it is a matter of copy map /licence files off, then backup /delete and paste new 2019 maps in, add 3D etc. I need to test and confirm how to ensure what goes where in maps I will provide that advice for us australian cars. Plenty of people with other model cars are doing this. I should have this stage solved in a couple of weeks. Its solved now, but I don't like deleting files unless I know why first.
              Last edited by Mousie; 21-08-2019, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Titch101
                • Sep 2007

You might find what you need here:
                GPS Navigation Systems : get support for all GPS Systems TomTom | iGO | garmin | Navigon | Sygic | Cars GPS Systems and others

Comment

• Mousie
                  CrawlerStar
                  • Jul 2016

Hi Folks, well I can confirm it is possible to convert our Jeeps and I've just finished the final part. That was to acquire an Android Phone and buy the maps $27.02 and then 'rooted' the Android phone to access and remove all licenses and maps.

Then is it so simple by just removing old and uploading the new maps and license files and unit fires up to currnt maps. Now let me say, I spend considerable hours, possibley over 40 probing the system and whilst following the work of others, they only coughed up the majority of information but not all.

For this to become easy, I went back to 14.25.5 and use the D-Link USB to RJ45 (Revision B) and use the WIN SCP program which is a windows based file transfer to remove and add files to the system. Again, I spent hours of frustration given I had to fill in the gaps of others who had attempted and failed. I need a break for now but happy to post on another forum a proper tute with my files as suitable for any AU Jeep for MY13-MY16. Photo to prove it and sorry it has lack of detail as the streets come back when in normal mode as is just showing a destination path. and I still need to buy the dem layers, 3D, off road the unit looks to be very forgiving in accepting many layers. I even think camps australia purchased data will easily load as well. Will need a new pointer file as using the Jeep pointer for now is huge! I checkd GPS Power for maps but don't waste your time as if you do this you want to know you own the matching files and licenses.

Last edited by Mousie; 23-07-2019, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X