X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The NUT
    Established Member
    • Dec 2008

I don't know if this is a stupid question but what's lockpick? I was quoted $1100 for the tow bar pack so I just went with that.... I havent really looked into any of the US option stuff.... Hmmm maybe I should have!
    Doc JK!

Comment

• ENFORCER
      • May 2011

Lockpick is a interceptor box that tricks the Audio head unit to do things it was not designed to do.
      Being able to watch DVD's and enter addresses in the GPS while the car is in motion (normally it needs to be in park)
      Being able to unlock features that may or not work here in Oz (it si meant for USA cars) like satalite TV, Navigation and ipod.
      It will also give you access to plug in other stuff like extra cameras and ipods. Cost about $250 from the USA
      More details HERE
      Bright Silver 2011 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Overland

Comment

• The NUT
        Established Member
        • Dec 2008

Awesome little box! On the limited there is no GPS or or DVD unless you upgrade to the luxury pack, does this box allow it to be a GPS or is that a feature that has to be installed from factory?
        Doc JK!

Comment

• The NUT
          Established Member
          • Dec 2008

Also received a call from the dealer saying that the black 70th anniversary GC's coming into the country would be gloss/flat black and not the brilliant black.... Too much up-keep for me! I changed my order to the bright silver.
          Doc JK!

Comment

• jzp
            Full Flexer
            • Aug 2004

I've been told some colours are on hold because the pigments were being made near the nuclear reactor in Japan...

Some of the key colours - like the brilliant black and really popular reds are unavailable till they either find another supplier or the Japanese supplier gets up and running again.

Comment

• deserthucker
              CrawlerStar
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jzp View Post
              I've been told some colours are on hold because the pigments were being made near the nuclear reactor in Japan...

Some of the key colours - like the brilliant black and really popular reds are unavailable till they either find another supplier or the Japanese supplier gets up and running again.
              Thats been going on for a month or more.
              There are few colours efected almost half the colour range.
              And plant delays to start on the RHD models.
              QL supply problems.
              RHP mygig delays.
              Crome delays.
              Cartage contractors.
              Rail shipping shortage in the states.
              Dont know how our AUS ones get from the plant to the ship.

By the time they build them the 2012 model could be out.

One day

Comment

• AJ
                Jeep Test Driver
                • Jul 2004

maybe we should change our orders to the 2012 GC as it will probably get here first.

I'm already wondering whether changing from the Hemi to the diesel is something I could live with.....hmmmm. At this rate the CRD will be here first so I might take one for a spin and see how it compares...
                Find It..........Drive It........... BUILDUP HERE

Comment

• deserthucker
                  CrawlerStar
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                  maybe we should change our orders to the 2012 GC as it will probably get here first.

I'm already wondering whether changing from the Hemi to the diesel is something I could live with.....hmmmm. At this rate the CRD will be here first so I might take one for a spin and see how it compares...
                  The new diesel is an unknown quantity.

The old 2.7 has been a great motor, if the new one has more power to weight than the old one it will be great. the 2.7 is no slouch and I think it is still better than a lot of the jap diesel.

Comment

Working...
                  X