• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hemijeepy
    AJOR Bronze
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mud guts View Post
    I was reading in the manual the other day talking about the clutch pedal, it has a switch on it inline to the coil, some sort of protection starting in gear thingy, maybe have a look for wires lose around the clutch pedal.
    Just a stab in the dark.
    Yea most of them do its like a nutral safety switch (on an Autobox) however it would not be cranking if it was this...
    ONE DAY ILL MAKE THE VOICES ALL GO AWAY...................................... One day

Comment

• Jimmyb
      Head Honcho
      • Jul 2002

Ok couldnt swap the cam sensor on the dissy as the plugs are different to the one from the XJ. It started once today, but failed again soon after.

Seems weird that its intermittant. Im outta ideas for the moment.

Help support the forum

Comment

• OIIIO
        No Winching
        • Aug 2007

From the limited knowledge that I have.....

The symptoms you said the TJ had sound like it is the ECU.

You reckon that it was running funny a while back and you changed the throttle body.
        The Guages don't work, or sometimes do.
        The car starts but then dies...

These all seem to follow what others have described happening just before their ECU died.

I searched some jeep forums and it looks pretty common.....unfortunately.

Comment

• carvesdodo
          No Winching
          • Jan 2008

And people laugh at me when I mention the days when you only needed to clean the points or blow out the jets on the carby.

Have you got an FSM for reference, Jimmy ?

Hope you get it sorted soon - mind you, it is a better excuse than Azas for not Jeeping this long weekend.
          I hate watching simplicity and reliability being ruined by bureaucracy and technology.

Comment

• azasjeep
            Banned
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by carvesdodo View Post
            And people laugh at me when I mention the days when you only needed to clean the points or blow out the jets on the carby.

Have you got an FSM for reference, Jimmy ?

Hope you get it sorted soon - mind you, it is a better excuse than Azas for not Jeeping this long weekend.
            ill be workin every day this long weekend get to sit there taking screen dumps of every transaction this beeitch has made in the last three months ill be wheeling the car park and thats about it

Comment

• Jonny Jeep
              RustysRocker
              • May 2007

If it started the on board diagnostics will have started working. Try the key trick and see if it has any new codes.

Comment

• Jimmyb
                Head Honcho
                • Jul 2002

Once it starts it then dies and switches itself off unfortunatly JJ. And no i dont have the FSM.

Help support the forum

Comment

• Jonny Jeep
                  RustysRocker
                  • May 2007

Did you get the PM I sent tuesday?

Comment

Working...
                  X