No Winching
    • Oct 2007

Thanks mate
    Formally known as greenjk

Comment

• Lim@
      CrawlerStar
      • Oct 2012

However make sure you weld the swingarm slighty in an upward angle. My mate who's a boiler maker told me is important. Don't keep it parallel to the bar the whole way allow for deflection in stub Axle bearings weight of tyre etc etc. I welded mine about 5 mm higher on the non stub axle end. Only actually drops about 1-2 mm but for future proofing
      08 crd. Front and rear rubicon assemblies. 4.5" synergy lift, fox remote research, 35"

Comment

• WHHEMI
        No Winching
        • Oct 2007

Thank's for the tip mate, I was wondering how much of an angle to put it on.
        Formally known as greenjk

Comment

• Lim@
          CrawlerStar
          • Oct 2012

mounted one side of the lockable jerry can holders.

however the top bar that locks the jerry in needs to be redrilled as mine are a bit too tall.

but you get the jist
          08 crd. Front and rear rubicon assemblies. 4.5" synergy lift, fox remote research, 35"

Comment

• Lim@
            CrawlerStar
            • Oct 2012

well im pretty happy with how the bar is going. ended up ditching the whole trailer hitch idea for the tyre carrier and just welding it on as it was squeeking a little bit now it seems to be squeek free which is good. been offroad half a dozen times now with no issues so getting closer to the stage of straipping it all down and getting it powder coated.

but before that i might make a roof rack.

cut out the side supports yesterday:

fits in with the snorkel no worries:

will get 5mm longer bolts though where the snorkel is to makes sure i have enough thread in though.

was going to make a support on the front side as well but these seem very strong in 3mm plate and looking at a lot of other racks for sale they use either just the front or side supports and often only about 2 bolts not 4.

eg
            The new Garvin Industries Adventure rack for the JK is the most versatile rack we have ever offered. The rack is perfect for someone looking to mount a canoe or kayak, or even a piece of plywood from your local hardware store.

will make a hoop that goes over the top, and also holds my future 50" light bar.

will then make a rear hoop most likely off the rear bar then have a couple of lengths of tube joining the front hoop to the rear.

anyone have any good ideas on the rear hoop join?

thinking of having a straight tube up to the hard top, then having a pivoting join from there for the hoop over the top. don't know how ill do that pivoting join yet, probably just tabs off the hoop and one off the straight tube from the bar and just a nut and bolt through it.

will think of something

Comment

Working...
            X