Cobb cooker..Learner driver..I cooked a feast !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockyOne
    16:9 Vision
    • May 2003

Cobb cooker..Learner driver..I cooked a feast !

Yep..My normal limit is scrambled eggs or stew..They are both similar..No two batches should ever be the same..Photos show from start to finish,my first Cobb cooked roast..Was beautiful..Dead easy,even for me,but I had to do it blow by blow from recipie book by Cobb..Will have to re-size for posting..In the meantime go to my Fotki link http://public.fotki.com/RockyOne/cookingim-a-little-/
    TJ.ARBs.F/RearSYE.32s3"Lift.Ramsy 9000.DisCons,ARB S/away,SlideTop1/2s
    97XJ T/Dsl 2" 31"GranTreks.
  • ed.
    Full Flexer
    • Oct 2006

Nice looking roast there mate.
    L.O.S.T. KJ's downunder

Comment

• Laz
      AJOR Gold
      • Aug 2002

sweet

I've just inherited dads (god rest his soul) cast iron camp oven! - i rememBer some mean stews in that baby!

Comment

• RockyOne
        • May 2003

Originally posted by ed.
        Nice looking roast there mate.
        Aw! Thanks Ed..And it was great..("never start a sentence with and" my teacher said) It was the pictures in the instruction book that saved me..I am a non-cooker.About all I ever cook up in our house hold ,is a storm..We intend to get a van later,figured this would be a great way to cook..Put the roast or whatever on,go touring for a couple or more hours,come home to a ready to serve meal that just can't be burnt,as the heat is slowly deminishing.That's my theory,for what it's worth.No external heat,what so ever.Cook on table,chair,in annexe etc.Commercial?

Comment

• RockyOne
          • May 2003

Went in white,came out black..My cookin'

I have only done one damper in our old cast iron camp oven..Took pix of it all (unfortunately) as it went in white and came out a black "rock". Never had any pictures to work off (my xcuse)Still trying to muster the courage to try again (10 years later
          Originally posted by Laz
          sweet

I've just inherited dads (god rest his soul) cast iron camp oven! - i rememBer some mean stews in that baby!

Comment

• ed.
            Full Flexer
            • Oct 2006

You can make pizza's using leb bread as the base. Heaps easy to make in the cobb and you can roll 'em out 5mins each!

If you have kids you can get them to put on toppings of their choice to keep 'em happy.
            L.O.S.T. KJ's downunder

Comment

• RockyOne
              • May 2003

Good Pizza tip..

Good tip there Ed re pizza..thks
              Originally posted by ed.
              You can make pizza's using leb bread as the base. Heaps easy to make in the cobb and you can roll 'em out 5mins each!

If you have kids you can get them to put on toppings of their choice to keep 'em happy.

Comment

• RockyOne
                • May 2003

Sun 18th..Did another roast..When buying the roast,I had the choice of around 6 near closing time Sat..All 'cept one had a lot of fat on the outside..I got the non fat one but it was bigger than I would normally buy..Started it cooking at 3pm and turned it over at 4pm then added the spuds,onions,carrots (split) ,pumpkin and a whole garlic..Punched 3 deep holes in from each end of roast and pushed a garlic thing in each.Don't like to waste too much daylite,so we sat down to eat /drink at 7pm..Magic! Was all cooked to perfection..I still can't understand how the Cobb can be so cool on the outside yet has no insulation..Metal base did'nt even get warm..??

Comment

Working...
                X