• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2014JKU
    I just registered
    • Jul 2015

ReplacemenFront Seats.

Hey AJOR,

I have a 2014 JKU Rubicon, and both my partner and myself have existing back injuries that require a certain amount of lumbar support. We are now finding that the front seats are making both of us round our backs out too much, which is making long trips uncomfortable.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone replaced their front seats with non-Jeep products? Or would a separate lumbar support be the easiest/only option?

Much thanks for any help provided.
    2014 JKU Rubi, 2.5 Lift, 295's, flares, sliders, AEV front + rear bar, Gobi Rack.
  • LeighP
    Lowranger Shocker
    • Mar 2014

There are aftermarket seat options in the US, meaning there must be seat bases to suit the JK.
    Probably the only option in replacement seats for you if you need correct ortho support is Recaro.....not cheap at all.
    You can get air adjustable lumbar supports that a motor trimmer should be able to fit to the existing seats....they remove the cover, fit the support then replace the cover.
    I've got a bad back and find the JK seats qite good...but everyone's injury is different, eh?
    Good luck.

Comment

• timbotrog
      Lowranger Shocker
      • Jul 2007

I think the biggest problem will be getting a seat with compatible airbags and fittings.
      I'd look at a lumbar support first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpicI'm interested in apathy.
      2014 Anvil JKU Rubicon

Comment

• Mothfukle
        Established Member
        • Jun 2014

Lumbar inserts are about the only option mitigating massive costs associated with airbags etc...

I'm with Leigh though, I have L4, L5, S1 issues and coming from a Mitsubishi Triton I find the Jeep seats fantastic... I can drive to Adelaide or Sydney only stopping for fuel in the jeep - same trip in the Mitsi was hourly stops for a 10 - 15 minute walk around and stretch...

Be sure and post up results of your search, as everyone is different I'm sure many will find it useful...

Comment

• NTRubicon
          AJOR Gold
          • Feb 2013

I've used this for both on and off road travel, I find it better for on road long hauls though. I prefer to feel the movement and use the lateral supports of the seat when off-road. But it helps for that too

Comment

• Tyvokka
            Jedi Master
            • Jan 2011

Suspension seats

sigpicGrand Wookie Jedi
            Rrrrrrrr-aghhhh!
            http://youtu.be/e8aEDaeBMyI

Comment

• 2014JKU
              I just registered
              • Jul 2015

Thanks everyone. We're currently using Denali travel pillows, and they seem to make it ok.

I hadn't thought of a lumbar support that could insert into the seats. I'll do some research, get some quotes, and hopefully post results and photos when I'm sorted.

Thanks again.
              2014 JKU Rubi, 2.5 Lift, 295's, flares, sliders, AEV front + rear bar, Gobi Rack.

Comment

• 2nd.gunman
                Established Member
                • Nov 2012

I'm pretty sure recaro do direct replacement seats with airbags and the correct bases

Comment

Working...
                X