• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wranglertj
    DetroitDemon
    • Dec 2006

Radiator suggestions

I want to upgrade my factory radiator on my JKU rubicon 2007 manual. Any suggestions?
    I was thinking a 3 or 4 core aluminium one but not a Chinese one. Any success stories and where to get one please.
    Thanks
    If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything
  • MightyMouse
    No Winching
    • Aug 2009

A mate had one made by Aussie Desert Coolers....... big bastard but also damm expensive. IIRC cost him around the $900 mark and that was in the trade.

How did it work... hard to tell, he also upgraded the fan and moved the driving lights so a whole pile of changes. But overall he's happy but poorer.
    It seemed like a good idea at the time........

Comment

• rang0
      Full Flexer
      • Nov 2014

Hood luovers work good.

Sent from my SM-J100Y

Comment

• wranglertj
        DetroitDemon
        • Dec 2006

Thanks MM. Was hoping to get way with it just a little cheaper but that's a good start.
        Rango, should mention that I run the TMD hood which expels th under bonnet heat quite well but the cooling system is just not up to the task towing, big tyres, extra weight, hot days and air con all at once.
        Was hoping a larger radiator will assist in keeping engine temp down when under strain

Comment

• wranglertj
          DetroitDemon
          • Dec 2006

For anyone else looking for info on quality radiators that are an upgrade as not a lot of info on here I have located (within oz) these 3 companies some of which many will know very well as prominent in the racing industry, PWR, Adrad and Aussie desert coolers (this one suggested by MM). Waiting on details which I can update if anyone interested

Comment

Working...
          X