• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freerider170
    Established Member
    • Nov 2017

2.7 crd GC transmission slipping

hi everyone, i bought my jeep about 3 months ago, i just go the RWC and done the rego. i used it fews days without any problems, and then the other days i drove from the sunshine coast to brisbane, i stopped somewhere and when i went to leave again the car would engage gear but as soon as i went over 1000rpm the gearbox would slip and the car would almost not move.
    i read a thread that incentive post about 5 years ago and it had the same problem. he say it was the ecu but i don't know if he changed it.
    does anyone had the same problem?
    i already for the transmission plug, new seals and the plug is clean from oil.
    last time i checked it i didn't have any error code.
    thanks
  • bodgie
    Rock Munki
    • Aug 2009

The ECU doesn't report transmission codes apart from a P0702, you'll need the software from http://jeepswj.com/ to view the transmission codes.

I was seeing a similar issue recently on mine, driving from Brisbane to Sydney. Put it in gear and it felt very doughy like there wasn't enough transmission fluid. I put some more fluid in to the point where it is now over full and it made a difference. First thing I'd try is a fluid change/flush if there are no other codes that indicate what the problem may be.

FWIW, I haven't checked my transmission codes yet, will update you if I find anything.

Comment

• freerider170
      Established Member
      • Nov 2017

i'm already using jeepdiag with my phone(very useful)
      i did the same, i put more fluid thinking it was too low but no change.
      i was thinking to do tranny flush as well and filter to see if it will fix it.
      I'll be back in brisbane where is the car on friday.

Comment

• sass
        I just registered
        • May 2014

Can you access to the TCM with Jeepdiag on time when problem is active? It can be simple +12 volts power problem and TCM is switched OFF on time the problem occurs, symptoms are pretty much the same.
        I updated Jeepdiag Pro yesterday for 2 months, use some transmission Live Data value to check that TCM will answer consistently or will there be some "answer delay" during power problem.

Comment

• senatorjohn
          CrawlerStar
          • Jun 2012

what model transmission is in the WG.
          John

Comment

• sass
            I just registered
            • May 2014

Originally posted by senatorjohn View Post
            what model transmission is in the WG.
            John
            Mercedes 722.6

Comment

• JeanLuke
              Lowranger Shocker
              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by freerider170 View Post
              i'm already using jeepdiag with my phone(very useful)
              i did the same, i put more fluid thinking it was too low but no change.
              i was thinking to do tranny flush as well and filter to see if it will fix it.
              I'll be back in brisbane where is the car on friday.
              I recommend that you get a dipstick to check the level.

If you are getting slip in the transmission, you should be seeing the MIL. The system monitors engine rpm, gear, transfer case mode and wheel RPM (via the ABS) to detect slip. If it's not flagging slip, I would think that it is something else.

Comment

• freerider170
                Established Member
                • Nov 2017

thanks for your answer, i'll sse how is the car on friday. i'll try to see if i can find any codes.
                does anyone have a dipstick i could borrow around brisbane?

Comment

Working...
                X