• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WillieBoykin
    I just registered
    • Jun 2020

Jeep Wrangler JK Standard Transmission Problem

Hello

So I bought this 2007 jeep 2 months ago and 1st gear pops out forcely when I try and take off. I have been dealing with the dealership for the 2 months. They wont do much of anything as they say the manufacturer has discounted the transmission and parts for it. What do you guys think I can do to fix it? Or replace it? Located in BC Canada (for shipping purposes)

Thank you !
  • humdingerslammer
    Full Flexer
    • Oct 2009

You are not putting it into gear properly. Are the linkages too loose?

Comment

• Classic Boy
      Full Flexer
      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by WillieBoykin View Post
      Hello

So I bought this 2007 jeep 2 months ago and 1st gear pops out forcely when I try and take off. I have been dealing with the dealership for the 2 months. They wont do much of anything as they say the manufacturer has discounted the transmission and parts for it. What do you guys think I can do to fix it? Or replace it? Located in BC Canada (for shipping purposes)

Thank you !
      And FCA and it’s dealers wonder why we hate them

Comment

• zabatron
        I just registered
        • Feb 2016

Jeep wrangler popping out of first gear on take off.

Very common problem on manual Jeep Wranglers.Popping out of first gear on take off is caused by the internal gear shifter boot inside the centre console getting in the way of the gear shifter and preventing it from fully engaging first gear.Very easy to fix from inside the car with only the gear shift knob and external gear shifter boot needing to be removed.Nothing wrong with your gearbox and no need to remove it from vehicle.Plenty of you tube videos show how to fix this.

Comment

Working...
        X