• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emac
    CrawlerStar
    • Dec 2014

diesel or petrol

as i have a 3.6L petrol engine WK2, and looking at the vast majority of comments i got to wondering what percentage of owners on this site are diesel or petrol/V6/V8 as it seems to me that most comments relate to Diesel

thanks
  • jeepsgofaster
    Established Member
    • Dec 2018

Petrol V8 overland here

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk
    2011 GRAND CHEROKEE OVERLAND 5.7LT

Comment

• nitrobrent
      Full Flexer
      • Apr 2011

Probably because diesels have more problems.
      Hemi Limited for the Mrs.
      It doesn't matter how big a problem you have with your Jeep,it's nothing that money can't fix.

Comment

• SouthernComfort
        RubiconSlammer
        • Dec 2017

Diesel.

Engine type is usually determined by driving type e.g. diesel is best for towing & torque, also good fuel economy and heaps of grunt.

All the engines have their unique issues & characteristics. Busting the myth, diesel is no worse than the others.

This could become long thread, everyone will fiercely defend their preference
        MY13 GC Laredo CRD - gone but not forgotten
        MY23 Skoda Octavia MKIV wagon - fully loaded

Comment

• drover
          MonsterMoose
          • Apr 2005

If you want to tow over 2.5t then diesel otherwise its individual preference, I would like a 5.7 myself but tow 3t so want to do that easily hence the oil burner............. certainly don't want a diesel if its only going to be a town car to run to shops, more trouble than its worth, any diesel for that matter not just Jeep........ academic now with the WL not having a diesel many won't return to the Jeep stable for a new tug, 2.7t tow cap means about 2.1t real terms so will loose many, the V8 tow cap is too low, pity...............
          2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
          Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• SeaComms
            MonsterMoose
            • Jun 2010

Currently 5 months into living on the road towing a 3.3t van, so yep, diesel for us.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
            Cheers, Dave :)

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Comment

• afnan
              Established Member
              • Nov 2020

My diesel is a special case and follows Murphy's law. I would not recommend diesel for if you have short trips. Although mine often does very small trips it barely reaches 65 degrees before the trip is complete.

Comment

• Nanook
                AJOR Bronze
                • Mar 2014

Diesel for me as I got sick of towing my camper trailer with a petrol Wrangler.

Don't listen to the diesels have more issue comments, they are no worse than any other motor. The V8s have had their own issues.
                Cheers,
                Jamie

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders

Comment

Working...
                X