• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drover
    MonsterMoose
    • Apr 2005

Oil dribble on bell housing.........

Oh joy, lucky the neighbours kids are at school, they'd have learnt some new words if they weren't, (then again maybe not) today was the last inspection underneath for my 100K check, at first it looked like a couple of suspension frame mounts were flogged but No all good, checked diff oils, all Good so then looked up the hidey spots hidden by the bash plate over the diff, bum theres an oily snail trail back of engine, its not the oil cooler, its only a dribble so I suspect its the Turbo oil drain, if it was the feed certainly know about it, I don't think I like it anyway, probably the poxy O ring the tube pushes into, current reading of the bible looks like a turbo removal to get at it....yucko..

So big question oh great brains trust is there a work around ???? doesn't look like you can get to it from underneath let alone see it, certainly a hoist job if it is................. Me thinks maybe I'll do an Ostrich trick with it, another 190K km and I will be looking for another set of wheels anyway....... should get the Cam out to see if anything visible I suppose............. Bum.
    Last edited by drover; 24-05-2022, 09:47 AM.
    2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
    Never too old to learn something stupid
  • bjm
    Lowranger Shocker
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by drover View Post
    Oh joy, lucky the neighbours kids are at school, they'd have learnt some new words if they weren't, (then again maybe not) today was the last inspection underneath for my 100K check, at first it looked like a couple of suspension frame mounts were flogged but No all good, checked diff oils, all Good so then looked up the hidey spots hidden by the bash plate over the diff, bum theres an oily snail trail back of engine, its not the oil cooler, its only a dribble so I suspect its the Turbo oil drain, if it was the feed certainly know about it, I don't think I like it anyway, probably the poxy O ring the tube pushes into, current reading of the bible looks like a turbo removal to get at it....yucko..

So big question oh great brains trust is there a work around ???? doesn't look like you can get to it from underneath let alone see it, certainly a hoist job if it is................. Me thinks maybe I'll do an Ostrich trick with it, another 190K km and I will be looking for another set of wheels anyway....... should get the Cam out to see if anything visible I suppose............. Bum.

Ring Richard Cluely at Jeeps R Us Coffs he might give you another slant on whats involved.

Comment

• Lewy2001
      CrawlerStar
      • Jan 2014

Drover check the oil feed line on top of the turbo. Standard banjo type bolt and copper washers.
      I just backed mine off and retightened and it stopped leaking.

Comment

• drover
        MonsterMoose
        • Apr 2005

Thanks troops, I am yet to get the sneak cam in there to have a look, should be able to at least see the area its coming from, since it usually gives me a hard time I have to be in a good mood, certainly getting there as a mate dropped off a big box of goodies as he's giving away shooting, so the Jeep sort of got pushed aside, as I played with some neat toys.. ...............

Be nice if it was just a weeping bolt, so long as its easy to get at............
        2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
        Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

Working...
        X