• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dieselsmells
    I just registered
    • Nov 2013

Jk radiators

What's the go with the aluminium radiators on Amazon for an amazing price...cheers Peter

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
  • humdingerslammer
    Full Flexer
    • Oct 2009

To what radiator do you refer?

I dont think that any of the prices on Amazon are cheap... you can get via ebay from Sydney a radiator for under AU$300 which is what I did... had it within 5 days and fitted next day... perfect fit.

Comment

• Banshee
      SwampDigger
      • Jul 2010

What do you consider an amazing price? I got mine from a relatively local place for ~$330 a few years back.
      Jeeps: Lego for grownups!

Comment

• FARWEST
        No Winching
        • Aug 2022

Hmmm....
        WK2 MY13 CRD LIMITED

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Comment

• eksjay
          Full Flexer
          • Jan 2009

On this subject, I am wondering how long the OEM factory unit lasted.

My JKU is at 80k+ kms and I am wondering how long the factory unit will keep going until it starts to leak.

My XJ genuine Mopar (plastic aluminium?) units go for around 8 years before they start to leak.

Comment

• humdingerslammer
            Full Flexer
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by eksjay View Post
            On this subject, I am wondering how long the OEM factory unit lasted.

My JKU is at 80k+ kms and I am wondering how long the factory unit will keep going until it starts to leak.

My XJ genuine Mopar (plastic aluminium?) units go for around 8 years before they start to leak.

MY OE radiator has just been changed after about 235000km and fifteen years of service (the JKU is an '07 3.8L petrol). I changed the radiator fluid every 50000km or so (unnecessary I know) but the radiator eventually sprung a weld leak at top left hand side, on the top storage thingamajig.

Comment

• Banshee
              SwampDigger
              • Jul 2010

I have an '08 3.8. My first one lasted ~137,000km to 2015. The replacement failed after 25,000km, (3 years in 201,* & the new one is still good at 188,000km, 4 years.

* I didn't flush & fill the system correctly the first time, so likely had contamination that caused the early failure. The second time was from a different shop & they gave me good instructions on how to do it properly.
              Jeeps: Lego for grownups!

Comment

• dieselsmells
                I just registered
                • Nov 2013

Sorry ...I think I messed up the location on Amazon....even so....Ive seen local aluminium jk radiators for $200...via eBay.....

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X