• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • genpk
    Full Flexer
    • Sep 2020

ecb bullbar fog lights

before fitting my ecb bullbar i upgraded the old ecb fog lights to the current new: led ones thinking they would be better.
    Just did a trip down the southwest through some fog, switched them on and i couldnt even see any difference . I had to check to see if they were actually on!
    The old halogen ones seemed better!
  • drover
    MonsterMoose
    • Apr 2005

I have mostly found any sort of fog light to be useless, they need to be mounted as low as possible and not flare in the soup, of course some think they are meant to be like spotties and they can still keep up the speed which is wrong....... Have yellow lens, white lens big and small on various heavies and not much chop in the fog I have run through......
    I have tested this Jeeps set up and really couldn't tell any great difference so though nothing has changed.
    2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
    Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• OLMATE
      Full Flexer
      • Apr 2020

Fog lights need a yellow globe NOT a bright white globe, it needs to be able to get under the fog, NOT reflect back on it as it does when you hit High beam, can't see shit with the glare!!
      Thats why some cars run a STD H8 35w halogen globe, they work better for what they are designed for
      That's my Rant 2 bobs worth
      Last edited by OLMATE; 09-06-2023, 11:33 AM.
      MY16 GC WK2

Comment

• FARWEST
        No Winching
        • Aug 2022

The white line on the left of our roads is the FOG line....low placed lights illuminate this line and give us a guideline....not an opportunity to maintain your speed....but....you cant beat stupid....hazards on and a low speed with the rear foglight ON and we may not get arse ended.....I know thats a hopeful outcome but Im an optomist....if the fog is very thick....GET OFF THE ROAD....DONT STOP ON THE ROAD....saw a few unfortunate accidents with cars stopping on roads in fog and Heavy Vehicles seeing them with 20m to spare...cant stop 60t in 20m....they were up round your knick of the Woods Drover...South of Gympie was a reknown location....a Mining Safety Mantra is 'Drive to conditions'.....pity its not enforced on the Public roads.....and there's that Mulberry bush again...you cant beat stupid....another very dangerous town/area to drive in fog is Toowoomba...they are used to it and just DONT slow down....had many many near misses as I 'poked' through the pea soup at a sensible speed...when you CANT see 2x car lengths in front of you, its 'best' to slow down....,not in Toowoomba !
        Last edited by FARWEST; 09-06-2023, 07:39 PM.
        WK2 MY13 CRD LIMITED

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Comment

Working...
        X