• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bradboat
    Senior Newbie
    • Feb 2004

WJ Power Window problems

Morning All

Bloody passenger side front power window in the WJ decided it didnt like me any more. I took it to a auto elctrician today and he wouldnt touch it, just said go back to Jeep and get them to look at it

Before I go back to the rip off merchants (sorry I mean Jeep ) I was hoping someone might have some thoughts on the problem.

When pressing the button to activate the power window there is a click that I presume indicates the power is getting to the button, but then nothing. From my uneducated viewpoint it is like the power is not getting from the button to the electric motor. I pulled the panel off to see if there was a loose connection but could not see one, everything looked to be connected.

Thanks
    Brad
  • omaroo
    RubiconSlammer
    • Dec 2003

I took it to a auto elctrician today and he wouldnt touch it, just said go back to Jeep and get them to look at it
    You kidding me? What a twit! Take it a real auto-electrician - one who actually wants to work for their money! "Ohhh... it's a Jeep"..... "I don't know anything about Jeeps.... so i won't embarrass myself and I'll give the customer the impression that his car is way too left of centre for mere mortal auto-electricians to fix".

Honestly.... I can't believe that sort of response. It's like a taxi driver refusing a fare.....

people like this need a wake-up call
    '03 WG CRD 2.7 T/D
    '00 Land Rover 110 TD5
    '95 TD42T GQ Patrol
    http://www.omaroo.net

Comment

• Steve F
      So play on just play on
      • Dec 2002

Does it work from the switch on the drivers side. The power to all the windows probably goes through the switch panel from the drivers side before it goes to the switches at each door. This is the case with the XJ anyway.

Cheers
      Steve
      Over 5'000 Club

Comment

• Bradboat
        Senior Newbie
        • Feb 2004

Chris you are exactly right .... why the hell would I want to give my money to some twit with that sort of attitude.

Steve .. I get the exact same problem no matter which switch I use (whether it be the drivers side control or the passenger control). All other windows work normally.

Cheers
        Brad

Comment

• billsta
          No Winching
          • Jul 2002

the rotor is fook i think..
          it happened to mine just after warrenty run out..
          my best advice is DONT use that window..
          i had problem with the driver side it goes down and wont come up again..
          and everytime i pay the toll.. doh...
          and cant close the fawker

anyway i think its about 450 bucks to replace from jeep...
          busting chops
          http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=118439

Comment

Working...
          X