• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raven
    Established Member
    • Jan 2003

3 weeks later and still no jeep

put my car in for a service and to check a bearing noise comming from gearbox.the jeep still under warranty. anyway the parts are still in the us . so jeep are paying for a hertz renta car.i am just anoyed about missing out on all the 4x4 trips that have been on the last few weeks. i have no problems with the dealer.they have been very helpful.
    33 claws 5.5RE long arm snorkle ARB lockers UHF GPS tbs winch n bar IPF spots SYE
  • mattc
    Full Flexer
    • Jul 2002

Thumbs up to Jeep and the dealer.
    Cheers
    MattC

Comment

• CrazyNuts
      Don't do it. I'm NUTS!
      • Aug 2003

Though thumbs up to the dealer providing you with a rental car (even though they should do that anyway) i say thumbs down to the whole spare parts department. They should have these parts in stock. Who the hell likes waiting so friggin long for spare parts to arrive?

I don't know any other car company in australia that has this problem....even the european ones.

This whole lack of spare parts and long waiting times has made me dislike jeeps. Not to mention the continuous fight to get ANY warranty work done. It's as if they have a rule to deny the customer first and then if they throw a fuss about it then they will honour the warranty.

There were numerous times where i had to prove to Jeep that the part i want replaced is faulty....either that or show THEM what was wrong with the jeep.
      Last edited by CrazyNuts; 28-03-2006, 11:45 AM.
      ESP/BAS/TC Disable Switch

Comment

• krankieone
        RubiconSlammer
        • Oct 2005

3 weeks is a long time airfreight should only take a couple of days

I'd be thinking about giveing the a rev by now
        the only stupid question is the one you dont ask:cool:

Comment

• BLU-125
          AJOR Gold
          • Feb 2005

When I used to drive Euro sports cars with a name starting with P.....they had a VOR policy......if your car was off the road due to the inability of PCA to provide spare parts, they were airfreighted from Germany at no cost to the buyer within a maximum of 7 days.

I tested it twice, once for a torque tube for a 4 year old 924Turbo, and once for a fuel injection problem for a 10 year old 911......no problems. Can you imagine what it cost to fly a torque tube, (2mtrs long, probably 20kgs), to Oz, and it was here in about 4 days.

Sorry to waffle on.....old memories......
          Down to a 1999 XJ.

Comment

• murray
            i am the CIG
            • Jun 2003

to be fare these days you cant say a given time for air freight
            before 9-11 i cold air freight a 1 tonne part for a bulldozer out of the usa have had it in 4 days now its 8-10 but at any given time freight can be diverted to be inspected for security reasons
            sigpic

Proud member of the "She'll Be Right" Gang
            yes LEZ is my brother

Comment

• Breyten
              RubiconSlammer
              • Nov 2005

For my BMW I never had issues with getting parts. at most a week to wait for something ex-Germany. This past week I had to wait 3 days for gaskets, only because of the Perth-Melbourne time difference.

That reminds me, I should go and pick them up.
              Current: 09 JK Sport, toy in progress
              Old:
              2010 JKU Rubi
              2001 XJ TD 31s & 5"

Comment

• murray
                i am the CIG
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Breyten
                For my BMW I never had issues with getting parts. at most a week to wait for something ex-Germany. This past week I had to wait 3 days for gaskets, only because of the Perth-Melbourne time difference.

That reminds me, I should go and pick them up.
                you are oviously getting them through the wrong people
                oh did you know there are 2 types of air freight
                standard air and same day first class
                anything under 5kg gets sdfc from me
                ordered a water pump friday 9.00 am perth time picked up from work 8.30 saterday morning freight cost $150.00 going by lunch time
                sigpic

Proud member of the "She'll Be Right" Gang
                yes LEZ is my brother

Comment

Working...
                X