• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OutbackSurvivor
    I just registered
    • Apr 2006

lightbars for the renegade. need help!!

Hi everyone, I am considering to put the lightbars (hold 4 lights as below) onto my 05 Liberty Renegade which doesn't come with the lightbar by manufacturer.
    I am wondering if I put these lightbar on the top, holes are required to drill over the roof. Would these drilled holes easy to get rusty and water will easy leak into the car especailly during heavy rain or just carwash?
    Last edited by OutbackSurvivor; 18-04-2006, 12:26 AM.
    2005 Cherokee KJ Black Renegade 3.7L
  • cj5350
    Get 'er Done!!!!
    • Oct 2002

You might want to check with your Local RTA before you drill anything....It use to be illegal to place spot lights up there...

Something along the lines of "no auxiliary lights above the centre of the headlights"
    www.wooders.com.au

Comment

• froop
      CrawlerStar
      • Feb 2004

That depends on which state you're in. In Vic, there is nothing that says the lights can't be on the roof. Although it does stipulate that you can have no more than 3 pairs of high beams. Which means that the renny light bar is legal only if you don't have additional driving lights. Although if you do get pulled up, you may be able to talk your way out of it if you have the covers like your picture shows.
      -= Mark

Comment

• OutbackSurvivor
        I just registered
        • Apr 2006

Hi Guys,

How about if I don't have any wiring but just the lightbar on the roof? is that okay as I live in NSW.

Comment

• Axeman
          AJOR Bronze
          • Mar 2005

theres one for sale on ebay at the below adress, seller says some drilling is required. FYI.

Comment

• Fouros
            LOST
            • Jul 2004

sorry guys I got it
            'At what point does it stop being CPR and start being necrophilia?'

Comment

• OutbackSurvivor
              I just registered
              • Apr 2006

Hi Forous,

COngrats! you got the light bar. I wish I can get one as well.
              is it legal to put the lightbar in your state? I am considering to buy one as well and I live in Sydney. Also, I have concerns regarding the holes drilling on the roof of my car, will it cause rusty or water leakage during heavy rain?

Comment

• Fouros
                LOST
                • Jul 2004

thanks

i know the kit comes with a silicone sealant to stop leaks and if your interested i do know where you can purchase a 2 light orginal renegade light bar with the full installation kit

would you be interested?
                'At what point does it stop being CPR and start being necrophilia?'

Comment

Working...
                X