• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coaster
    Established Member
    • Mar 2006

30 inch TJ tyres

I live in QLD where the regulations seem to be a little more severe on what you can/can't do to your TJ in terms of tyres and lifts..just wondering if there is such a thing a a good 30 inch tyre for the TJ
    Coaster
  • Wooders
    Time to tinker
    • Jul 2002

30x9.5 MTR will be the next set of tyres fitted to our volvo - if that's any help?
    Cheers
    Wooders
    www.wooders.com.au
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Wooders-Jp-Garage

Comment

• Coaster
      Established Member
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Wooders
      30x9.5 MTR will be the next set of tyres fitted to our volvo - if that's any help?
      going to have to think about that one!

Comment

• Blackpearl
        Established Member
        • Aug 2006

We run 31 stt's and cops see us all the time,
        we live down the road from the kingston cop shop.

inside guards, looks good and behaves off road.
        even disconnected rubs only at extreme's and then its not so bad.
        YOU WILL HAVE FUN, YOU WILL HAVE IT QUIETLY, AND YOU WILL HAVE IT NOW!!!!

Comment

• Jeeps
          HydroKing
          • Jul 2002

I don't live far from Blackpearl and i run 31" MTR's and have been pulled over many times for RBT's and speeding tickets in the last couple of years and never had anything mentioned. In fact, when i was pulled over in Springwood last year by a traffic copper who defected me for no mudflaps he didn't even mention the tyres.
          Softtop TJ, 2" lift, 980 AT's, SYE, 4.11 ratios & locker, 5 string Banjo.

Comment

• Ando_13
            AJOR Silver
            • Jul 2003

I had my TJ on 31s in QLD for about a year before moving, and ditto, was pulled over many times but not a worry with the tyres.
            98 TJ: H/Top,4" Lift,RELA, 33's KL-71s,K&N,TBS, BL & MML,Warn FR bar,F&R ARB's @ 4.56:1.

Comment

• Daz7
              CrawlerStar
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Coaster
              I live in QLD where the regulations seem to be a little more severe on what you can/can't do to your TJ in terms of tyres and lifts..just wondering if there is such a thing a a good 30 inch tyre for the TJ
              Coaster
              Theres lots of good tyres in this size range in a more agressive tread pattern, just go and look through a few tyre manufacturers web sites to see for yourself.

I think 30's are a much better option for a standard TJ than putting 31's on from a gearing aspect. Do some searches on how fitting 31's alters on-road performance with standard gearing to draw your own conclusions.

I've also run this size on a 8" rim and they worked quite well, so you've got a stepping stone for further mods if you so desire.
              My TJ build videos
              https://www.youtube.com/DarrylSheather

Comment

• Maxy
                Established Member
                • Nov 2005

I bought my TJ new with 31"s, unfortunately the paperwork only said tyre upgrade and not 31"x10.5" tyres.

Comment

Working...
                X